Chapter 23

"Also no one had ever won an argument with him. Never seen him smile and laugh like the way he does whenever he was with you. He would do anything to protect you even if it means losing his life. So whatever you're planning, attacking the Phantom Destroyer alone, don't do it. We are here for you and we're ready to protect you at all cost. Just don't do this alone." He stopped on his track and I saw tears falling down from his eyes.

Even though I don't know much anything about the Phantom Troupe, they're already willing to sacrifice their life for me?

"You're my bestfriend's happiness, you are very special to him, I don't even know what will happen to him if he loses you. So please, if there is anything the troupe can do, don't be afraid to ask us. We can't lose his one and only happiness." He bowed his head and I felt sorry for him.

"Shalnark..." Was all the words that came out of my mouth.

I didn't know what to say, I never knew that they felt that way. They would do anything to keep their friend happy, and I would do anything to protect them. It's a two sided fight and I don't know who will win.

Their hearts or my heart. They don't even know me yet but they're saying that they're willing to help me? No, I won't let that happen. I won't let any of them get hurt even because of me. I was shocked when Shalnark suddenly hugged me, he was like a five year old crying to his mum.

I stroke his back as he continued crying. I guess he already knew my decision as he separated from me.

"Promise you'll come back alive." He was demanding.

"I can't promise anything Shal." I told him the truth and sadness was shown in his eyes.

"Then promise me you will be careful." He changed his statement and I nodded.

"I promise." I then thought of Feitan. "Can you also promise to take care of Feitan?"

"I will."

-----

I stood outside Danchou's door, hesitating to knock. As if he already knew I was here, he shouted "Come in Y/n" and I had no choice but to enter. His room was clean and tidy, he was sitting on his couch and reading a book. He closed the book and put it aside, then he gave his attention to me.

"Come and take a seat." He ordered and I obeyed. "What brings you here?"

"Danchou, I have a request..." I trailed off and I took his silence as a sign to continue talking.

I took a deep breath, clenched my hand into a fist, as I was about to make a decision that I will regret later in life.

"I want you to wipe me out of Feitan's memory. From when we were children and up until now." I finally said it and he widened his eyes.

"Why?" He asked.

"If he finds out that I will face the Phantom Destroyer by myself, he will go out looking for me. Which I cannot afford to risk because it will only put his life in danger. So please, wipe everything that we spend time together." It seemed like he wasn't still convince at my request.

Chrollo's POV

I am not sure why Y/n wanted me to remove her from Feitan's memories. Is she underestimating the troupe? Each one of us has our own unique Nen ability so why is she facing this problems alone?

"I cannot agree to your request, you are really important to Feitan and removing you from his memory means removing his right to love." I explained to her of why I cannot approve her request.

What happened next shocked me, she stood up and slammed her hands on my desk.

"You don't understand! Yes I am important to him but he is also important to me. Danchou I already lost him once, I cannot afford to lose him again! I am willing to sacrifice my life for him, even it it means he won't remember me anymore! Which I prefer it that way because..." She collapsed down the ground as she was crying.

"I prefer it that way because... because at least I know that he will never get hurt again... I don't like seeing him suffer because of me. I hated seeing him in pain especially if the one who caused it was me. I do not know who my parents were but judging by what my father can do, I know that they are not good people. The troupe may be strong but I cannot take the risk of taking all of you with me. So p-please Danchou, please..."

At that moment, I saw how much she loved Feitan. It's not a selfish act or a pride, it's a self-sacrifice. I sigh while rubbing my temple. Her request might be the most hardest one that I would do but if that was what she wants, then I will give it to her as a gift.

"Fine, I will do it." I finally spoke and she looked up to me with her teary eyes. "In one condition, you will spend five days with Feitan and the troupe. We will help you train inside those five days, it's the least thing we could do to help you. After that, I will... remove you from Feitan's memories."