Chapter 30

Ed’s POV

They came and took me in for questioning but all I could think about is whether my girl was safe or not. I knew that someone had set me up and I needed to know who and fast because I couldn’t stand losing my girl again. The minute they walked in the superintendent saw me and asked his people to stand down as I was some very important person in the country. Of course, he knew my true identity but still wasn’t ready to share with the rest of the officers. It was still too early for that. I told him how I got to the house and found it ransacked and luckily, I was still holding the coffee cups and I had a strong Alibi. So, whoever set me up, I was at least a step ahead.

Goodness! I felt sorry for her, for everything she had gone through. First, she was stolen from the hospital where she was born then later her parents killed. This explains why she was treated so badly by the foster parents, or do I say her parents since that is what she knows? The girl had gone through enough and I knew this touched me directly. She was supposed to be my godfather’s little girl and he asked me for help to get her and as fate would have it she was brought to me or rather served on a silver platter. I knew her real father would let me marry her. After all he was my God father, right?

“I need to find her as soon as possible. I don’t even have an idea of where to start.” I told Kelly the superintendent.
“I also don’t know as the cameras had been disabled.” He told me shaking his head.
After much thought I remembered something. At the door on the peephole was a camera that recorded who enters the room and as fate it recorded!
“call the IT people and have them check this. Do it fast please.” He barked at his junior.
“Yes sir, he saluted walking off.

We waited for about five minutes and the officer came back and nervously said, “um…sir, I think you should see this.”
We followed him to the camera room and stood surrounding it to see what transpired. I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw Irene, unknown man and Em’s father opening the door and getting in. A commotion ensured and we saw Em being dragged towards the door by her hair. The unknown man was seen ransacking the place as if looking for something and when he couldn’t find it, he was seen throwing a vase towards the bed and breaking into pieces. Then he left muttering something to himself and looking frustrated.

“Isn’t that your girlfriend?” Kelly asked me.
“Not anymore but that’s Irene for sure.” I responded. “But we have to play this cool so they won’t get wind that we know it was them that took her. I’m sure she will drop by my house because she thinks that I don’t know anything. She has been hiding though, lets cross our fingers.”
“You seem cool about this.”
“What do I do to show that I’m crushed inside? I have to take care of my sanity or else ill literary go mad. This is the second time they are kidnapping her. This girl has gone through enough.” I responded walking out to my office. I had decided its now or never. I have to deal with this issue and the other too, my issue.

Psssssss......sorry for having woken you up! Double update today😍

Vote....comment.....