Chapter II

"You know, it's kind of boring now, life I mean," Isla said, sticking her finger in a jar of Nutella and licking it.

After the party, we decided to sleepover at her house and just talk. It felt good like this. Since the whole drama after the war and being with our mates, we weren't able to just hang out as normal girls.

Jennalyn looked at her, lying on the bed. "What do you mean boring?"

Isla rolled her eyes and sat up. "You know, the exciting life, with being able to go on missions and stuff. I mean, don't get me wrong, this is really nice without having to deal with crazy mad packs but..."

"I suppose so. But can I just say, I am so happy that I don't have to babysit anymore while you guys are off on your escapades." I responded. It was true. Since I was the lowest of the council, I would get stuck with the worst job, except, of course, finding ways for them to get into the packs, which was pretty fun. Who knew though, that the lowest would technically be ruler over all of them?

"Ugh, is that how you eat your Nutella?" Jen cringe at Isla's jar.

"I bet you that's how she eats in front of West." I teased.

Isla's face turned bright red. "Oh my gosh, she does!" The Delta threw her head back, laughing. Would Ryan like it if I ate like that? Wait, I was supposed to act as less seductive as possible...not that I knew how. I was just being me, yet Ryan always thought I was teasing him.

I cleared my throat and dug my hand into a bag of Doritos. "So, had there been any weird activity going on?" I asked as nonchalantly as possible, Both of them looked at me, raising an eyebrow. "I mean, like break-ins, rogues, anything? Because, like, after the War."

"No...not really. We're allied with almost all the packs. The only break-in I would suspect would be the South." Jenna said. I turned to Isla to see her reaction. Ever since her 'meeting' with the Alpha, she hated that pack with all her might.

Shrugging, I bit into my chip. "Just curious."

As the clock hit one in the morning, the other two clambered into the Alpha's bed while I snuggled into my sleeping bag, taking a deep breath. The minutes ticked by and I rolled over many times, trying to fall asleep. The girls were breathing evenly and I groaned, quietly.

A small whisper floated through the open window of the warm night, making me sit up quickly. "Mallory."

I turned to look through it, yet saw no one. I bit my lip and lay back down. Whispers started up again and I ran to it, looking up and down, my heart pounding. I needed to know. Someone was calling me. Was it My Moon Goddess? But it wasn't her voice.

Sitting on the ledge, I peered into the night, then I gasped. A blue light was in the branch of a tree and disappeared. I turned to look back at the sleeping girls then jumped out of the cabin.

My feet hit the grass softly and without thinking, I ran into the woods. The blue light appeared and disappeared, making a trail for me to follow. "Where are you going?" I whispered.

Suddenly, I stopped. I was at the pack's border line. No warriors were here because barely anyone came here nor would they dare to. It would lead to the outside of the valley and the valley was all the packs' safe haven.

"I'm sorry." The blue light tilted to the side of the next tree as if asking me why I wasn't following it. "I don't know what you are, but I can't follow you anymore. I've risked too much for my family. Forget about it." With that, I walked back slowly, ignoring my heart's pull to follow it. Clove wasn't responding, either. We both knew we should have come towards it, but it would be dangerous.

The next day rolled around with our normal routine as usual. Getting up and going to a meeting with the Alpha. Now that I was Beta, I had way more responsibilities than I was used to. Thankfully, it was only one more month and I would be reverted back to Delta.

After the meeting, I usually went to train with the other warriors to get my fat self in shape after gorging out on all my delicious Doritos and Twizzlers. In the shed where the girl warriors would change, I took off my sweater and stripped. No one was here and honestly, made me feel way more comfortable. Despite us all being girls, I always felt awkward.

"Boo." A male voice whispered behind me, his warm breath fanning my ears.

I jumped quickly and roundhouse kicked him. Dion, I now know him officially as Creepy Guy, grabbed my leg to avoid me from hurting him. "Seriously? Do you always have to appear when I'm naked?" I muttered, putting on my sports bra and leggings as fast I could. If Ryan had ever heard about this, he would for sure, go on a rampage.

He shrugged. "I mean, it's a sweet thing to see to brighten up my day."

"Pervert." I crossed my arms. I took in his appearance: he was wearing a black leather jacket paired with a black t-shirt and jeans and white converse. His hair was swept up to one side with his accented blue streaks. For some reason, Dion looked really...hot. I never thought of guys other than Ryan as hot.

"Like what you see?" Dion smirked, putting his hands in his pockets.

Two bright red spots appeared on my cheeks and I scoffed, looking away. "No. Go away, I already have a mate."

"You know I know that already."

Slamming the locker door shut, I turned to look at him. "Okay, why are you here then?" Legitimately, I was wondering why. This man appeared at the most random times, making my curiosity grow even more.

"Is there a reason I can't be?"

I rolled my eyes. "Uh, yeah. Unless you're part of this pack, you're not supposed to be here. Are you part of the Southern area?"

He shook his head, laughing. "Nah. I don't have time to deal with those lazy bastards anyway. Have you seen what has happened to them after the war?"

We haven't. Isla refused to go there after what had happened so we broke off all contact with them and so have our alliances. They were all on their own. I remember though about her talking about the Luna of one of the packs. One night she cried over how she wanted but couldn't go back and get her. If she took her here, she would die anyway because of the mate bond.

Shaking my head no, I grabbed a water bottle and a small towel. "Alright, then leave if you have no business here." I walked quickly to the door of the small shed.

Dion quickly put his hand on the door, blocking me. "Oh, love, you must know who I am."

For some reason, his sapphire eyes quickly had a flash of sadness, wanting me to know who he was. I bit my lip, trying to remember if I had met him somewhere, but all I had were memories of being in the Sunshine Pack, nothing before when I was found in the woods. I had lost consciousness. Besides, what would a one-year-old remember?

"I'm sorry...I just...don't." I replied, not looking at him, ducking quickly under his arm and ran out towards the training field.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Omg, I'm sorry this was posted so late! I updated my posting schedule!! Now it will be on Friday and Monday at 4 pm EST! DON'T BE LATE!

Dang, what do you think of Dion? He's pretty hot. 

Do you think their life is boring now?

Comment your thoughts!!

~Vi