Chapter 1: Drug the pain away

Maurice Gray

Maurice Gray

It's was a very  inclimate night in the Southern California area. There were wildfires brewing throughout the open land smothering the area. The massive gusts of hot winds added fuel to the flames and not even the drenching rain from the strange thunderstorm could stop it.

It was 1 o'clock in the morning and Maurice was sitting in the den of his $2.3 million dollars estate on his black and red sectional in front of his lit fire place and his massive T.V that was mounted right above it. With his head pointed towards the ceiling, his eyes rolled in the back of his head, he seemed unbothered by the environment around him. Maurice was on a benge for the last 3 days, drowning himself in a combination of marijuana, percocets, promethazine and his daily line of cocaine. Maurice found himself in a very deep depressive state and though he thought he was numbing his pain, he was only pushing himself into his deepest darkest state of mind with every self medicating dose.

He had taken two times the amount that any person his height and size should have taken. Anyone else would have been in a drug induced coma, but not him. His body grew accustomed to all the drugs he consumed on a daily basis, he was high as hell but was fully aware of everything around him. He listened as the rain hit the windows of his home and the thunder shook the ground.

His phone sat face up on the couch next to his limp body; its LED Flash lit up the room as a message from his mother came through.

Son, whatever you are going through being alone and away from your loved ones is NOT THE WAY 2 FIX IT! PLZ LET ME KNO YOU ARE OK!!! Little Maurice NEEDS YOU TO GET BETTER. Love you dearly baby.     XO MOM 🖤

His phone flashed once again and a text came through with a picture of a white women, maybe 28 or 29 years old. She had long red hair and a perfectly sculpted pair of Double D's sitting in her palms with her mouth wide open and her tongue hanging out.

Come See me Papi, I miss the taste of you 👅

The messages continued to come through from everyone wanting some kind of attention from him, whether it was a little validation for their own egos or simply just wanting him to stick himself one one or multiple he's in their body. No one (besides his mother) reached out with any genuine concern for his wellbeing. Around this time in his career he was used to this, everyone around him wanting to suck out every inch of soul leaving him with nothing left. Hell, he felt barely alive as it was.  Even though he knew  this came with the territory he hated it .

Maurice had been in the music industry for half of his life and was known as the golden boy through most of the years. He had a couple multi platinum albums, featured and a handful of motion pictures and was riding his high in his early twenties. But, as time went on he started to change as more people demanded more of him without giving anything back. He made a couple wrong decisions that landed him in a shit ton of legal troubles and stained his image permanently.