Chapter 9: This What I Asked For

Nala Karrington

Tuesday evening really couldn't come quick enough for Nala. She sat on the floor of Maurice's home gym with her eyes barely open as he did continuous pull-ups on his pull-up bar. She had been up since the crack of dawn due to Maurice's restlessness he wasn't able to sleep so he woke her to follow him around his house like a lost puppy. Nala didn't mind at all, besides his slight mood swings she enjoyed being under him and she needed something to pass the time.

"48....49...50" He grunted as he feet hit the gm floor. Wiping the sweat from his forehead and staring at hisself in his mirrored gym wall.

"You think I'm getting bigger??" He asked and received no response. He looked over and noticed Nala was staring into space.

OMG!! I can't wait until Legend gets here! This is going to be soo crazy; I always feel strange bringing him around guys I date because I never really feel secure in it..... I'm not even sure if we are dating... I really don't know what this is. I hope letting Reese talk me into bringing my son into this won't bite me in the ass. I mean it feels soo right- fuck- I just hope-

"Ayy!!" Maurice yelled interrupting her thoughts. He was squatting in front of her as beads of sweat dripped from his chest and tattooed abs. He touched her cheek.
"Hmm" she replied dryly and leaning back on the wall.
"You good?" He asked with his brows raised. " want a hug?.. some sweat?... Some sex?"
He bit his bottom lip and as he pressed down on her thighs with both hands.

"Of course I need all that!" She giggled. "But I'm really just thinking about my son that's all. I can't wait to see him"
"That's soon" he reassured her. "I for got to tell you, the Jeep is outside ao you should get whatever it is you have in there before they come pick it up."

"How you do all that?" She asked. She was curious to know because after the balcony conversation he never brought it up again. Plus, she never gave him any of the rental information.

"I'm something like a big deal around here" he flashed her a cocky smile. "I'm the man."

"Thank you" she leaned forward and pecked his lips and the he stood up and helped her up.

They went up stairs and Maurice headed toward his bedroom to take a shower and Nala headed for the front door to retrieve her things from the truck. She stepped off the landing and into the sun, as it warmed her skin as she breathed in the fresh air.

Today was one of the first days of good weather not a cloud or shade of grey in sight and the temperature sat comfortably at 85.

She began to walk down his drive while counting all the car covered she saw. When she nears the entranced her spotted the mud covered blue Jeep. She retrieved her iPhone, backpack and purse from the back of the truck, while heading back toward the house as she rummaged through her things when she spotted her pills. She froze up replaying the last weeks events over and over.

What the fuck! Something told my stupid ass just take the shot but noooooo I had to be difficult. Knowing I can't stick to a routine to save my fucking life. He had a wierd fetish of "putting it on me" after he just put it on me so And he did that all of the time. Except the first time. I don't fell like it tho SOO....

About 20 minutes pass and she walked up to the door she was greeted by him standing in just a bath sheet and slides. His chest glistening with water. She looked up at him and pouted slightly. He looked at her and frowned.

"What's wrong, what happened?" He asked. "I-uhh.." she stuttered swinging her bag from left to right as his phone rang. He looked down at his screen and smiled.