Chapter 13: Without you, Im not living Right

3 months had past since Maurice and Nala last saw each other or even spoke. He tried reaching out multiple times but she shut down every attempt.
Nala came back and found her life being turned upside down, due to weeks of not showing up she lost her job. She eventually found a new one that payed a little more though the checks weren't that much different and the atmosphere was still draining.

2 weeks after she came home she found out she was 1 month pregnant. She was still in disbelief that she not only made the same mistake twice this time it was worse, she barely knew the guy who fathered her child.

Maurice constantly sent flowers, edible arrangements and money and everything came back return to sender. She saw some reports and social media posts about some trouble he got into and who his assumed girlfriend was. To the outside world Nala looked ok but mentally she was being held together by a string. Although she was getting bigger because of the baby, she was barely eating and sleeping.

Maurice sat in a New York hotel room with a girl on his lap sniffing blow  from her Stiletto fingernails. She turned to offer him some and he slowly moved her hand out of his face. He hadn't fully returned to his old habits but he continued his daily pill popping to ease his mind off Nala, even though it didn't help.

Maurice had a club appearance that he was supposed to be getting ready for when his manager burst in the room.

"Yooo! Yooo!" He greeted walking in Noticing Maurice in the corner and one of his friends in the other getting head by a petite blonde women. He frowned as he sat on the couch examining all the drugs that were scattered around the coffee table.

"Wassup?"Maurice greeted dryly.
"Wassup with you man?" He manager asked, " I thought you were good?"

"What you talking about man?" His friend interjected, " That nigga Reese Good!"

"I'm not talking to you!" His manager spat back, " I'm talking to my talent!"

"Nahh I'm good" Reese replied scratching his head. "Let's just gets this shit over with."

His skin was pale as he avoided sunlight and his eyes became dark.

"Whatever got you in this slump needs to go. people don't want to work with no moody as coked up artist. You been walking around here like you on a menstrual or some shit and I'm tired of it!" He complained.

"You wanted this hoes I got you and that fat fuck the hoes and you still ain't satisfied!"

Maurice shook his head and huffed.
"GET THE FUCK OUT! Get the fuck up and go home. The appearance is cancelled and the rest of your shows for this month too!" His manager screamed

Maurice became  enraged as he pushed the girl from his lap. Making her hit her face on the coffee table and bursting her noise. They began to fight and ended up getting kicked out of the hotel and paid fines for the damages.
Maurice was being chauffeured around New York with no destination point. He needed some time to himself, but couldn't stand being at home alone. Deep down he knew there was only one place he wanted to be.... wrapped in Nala's arms.

Nala Karrington

" Mommy you need some medicine?"
Nala sat with her head in the toilet as Legend stood next to her patting her back.
"You want a freezE pop medicine?" He asked hoping to be able to comfort his mother with the same pedialyte pop cycles she give him when he's feeling sick.

"Get mommy a water" Nala instructed as she gasped for air.
Legend ran out the bathroom as she sat next to the toilet with her forehead pressed against her knees. She began to cry.