Chapter 19: Meet The Greys

Maurice Gray

The elevator opened and Maurice's mother and sister stepped out

The elevator opened and Maurice's mother and sister stepped out. He pushes himself off of the wall with his shoulder as his mother embraced him with a hug. She pulled back an examined his bruised face.
"Angel what happened?" She asked with a concerned voice rubbing her finger under his eye. He grabbed her hand and put it to her side.

"Nothing ma" he assured her with a smile. "I'm fine"

He noticed his son standing behind his sister playing with the zipper of his jacket with his face frowned up. Maurice let his mom go and walked towards him smiling. Despite his apprehension in the beginning, it had been about 4 months since he'd last saw his Maurice and he misses him.

"MJ!" Maurice called and the little boy slowly looked up and gave a shy wave.

"H-hi daddy" he greeted looking up at his father who towered over him. Maurice bent down and picked him up and embraced him with a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"I missed you man" Maurice admitted making eye contact with the little boy

"I missed you man" Maurice admitted making eye contact with the little boy. " it's been a long time huh?"

"Yea" the little boy agreed as his head shot down. "It's ok I know you gotta work."

Maurice let out a low sigh as he put the little boy down by his side. "Yea...."

Fuck I'm such a bad person! I been so stuck in my relationship with Nala I ain't really think about him. I mean I know they always told me but that lil disappointed head hang he just did just hit different........ I just gotta make it right.

"Bro why are you bloody and bruised?" Brittney asked as she grabbed my arm noticing some dried blood on my forearm.

"Hey Maurice!" They heard a little voice approaching them. They looked and saw Legend walking up holding his face. "I need a bannaid, my face bleeding again."

Legend dropped his hand exposing the superficial gas on his face that had swollen slightly.

"Bro?!!" Brittney called in a demanding voice.

Maurice smacked his lips and rolled his eyes before explaining, "I got into a lil fight early in the studio and Legend was with me. But it wa-"

"OMG Bro you cant be doing that out here!!!" Maurice rolled his eyes as Brittney lectured. "You gone get yourself killed!!"

Maurices shook his head and sucked his teeth. " it's not as bad as you think" he added. "Why you think I been here SOO long?"

"Because you love Her!" His mom and sister replied simultaneously.

He blushed grabbing the boys hands leading them into the living room. As they made them self comfortable Nala made her way down the stairs and into the living room area.

"Hi" Nala greeted from behind them. As she walked up "I'm glade you all made it safely".

Everyone turned to look at her, some had on some grey leggings, white Nike socks and a oversized light blue Nike sweatshirt. Her curly hair was partied down the middle and the front pieces were tucked behind her ears revealing some medium sized hoops and some custom cut diamond studs that Maurice gifted her with. He examined her attire and smiled.

First time she been in clothes in weeks. She trying to impress my people like she don't know they already love her.

Brittney and Joyce rushes to Nala touching her face and rubbing her stomach as they greeted her with hugs. Between shy smiles Nala locked eyes with the young timid boy with curly hair and a side part sitting on the couch staring at her. He had his legs crossed with his hands resting on his lap. She smiled at him as she walked over to his side and sat down. Me looked up at his father trying to not to make anymore eye contact with Nala.

"Daddy?" He called, " Nana says we came her to see some baby..... that kid is not a baby." He said dryly pointing at Legend who felt attacked.

"IM NOT A BABY!!!" He cried out folding his arms and looking at MJ. "Why you at my mommy & daddy house anyway???"

"Aye Legend?" Maurice called motioning him to come over to him. Legend slowly walked over to Maurice while side eyeing the kids that sat on his couch next to his mother and baby. Maurice picked him up and patted his back. "C'mere MJ."

MJ slowly crept to his feet and walked over to his daddy while looking at the floor. Once he met his side Maurice Hoist him up in his other hand. The women looked on in awe.

"L, we just hand this talk about family right?" He asked and Legend shook his head. " you told me we family and we share. You share your mom with me and the new baby and MJ shares me too cause he's my son too."

"Really???...." Legend asked squinting his eyes at Maurice who nodded and smiled.

"Yup!! We family we them boys"

He sighed and shook his head. "Ok daddy."

Maurice smiles and put the boys down. Legend took Mj's wrist and pulled him to Nala.

"This is Mommy, her name is Nala" he said placing his hand on Nalas thigh and then her stomach and poked his chest out with pride. " this is our baby."

"It's a baby in there?" MJ asked looking in Nalas eyes and then down at her stomach. He hands started fidget as the urge to touch her stomach grew. Nala noticed and smiled.

"Yea your sister in there" Maurice added sitting on the couch next to Nala.

~~~

The rest of the evening went well. Joyce became familiar with the kitchen baking some Cajun honey salmon, loaded mashed potatoes, sautéed asparagus and peach tea. Maurice and the boys were up stars putting the crib together, when they finished they came down to the livingroom to see all of the girls eating.

"Damn we hungry too!!" Reese exclaimed with his hands on his hips looking at Nala who never took her eyes off her plate.

"My baby's were busy" Joyce said standing up and patting Maurice's cheek before walking towards the kitchen.

"I kept your plates warm in the oven" she called "c'mon boys!"

MJ and Legend Followed Joyce into the kitchen as Maurice plopped down next to Nala who's eyes were latched onto her plate. He laid his head back, stretched his arm behind her head and began to play on her hair.

"Why you so beautiful?" He asked bitting his bottom lips whit his eyes low. Nala looked back at him and smiled which made him smile.
A couple seconds later they saw a flash from a phone flash from across the room. They booth looked at Britney who was snapping pictures of them.

"Y'all can look stupid all you want but this going in the baby book.