Chapter 8: Lets Play House

Nala Karrington

It was Monday morning and the sun beamed through the skylight waking Nala as she slept. Her original purpose for coming to LA was to get a little piece and find herself. Though she really hadn't embarked on a soul searching journey while she'd been here she did find herself some peace and got some much needed sleep. That is whenever her sleep wasn't broken by a mouth latching on to a random body part.
Back in Chicago she went days (sometimes a week) with out sleeping When she did slept she was often woken up by nightmares and worries. For the first time in a long time she felt carefree and well rested.

She turned over and saw Maurice sleeping peacefully next to her with his hand covering his eyes from the sun.

This was a rare sight to see since he often would escape from bed after "putting her to sleep"and she would find him the next morning in a near self induced coma from all the drugs he was taking

This was a rare sight to see since he often would escape from bed after "putting her to sleep"and she would find him the next morning in a near self induced coma from all the drugs he was taking. Even in his sleep he made her blush. Although his choppy beard grew in he still looked like a baby as he slept, so much so that looking at him made her miss her child even more.

She noticed his phone on the night stand next to him; while reaching over his body to grab the phone he wrapped his arms around her making her collapse onto his chest.l and he started planting kisses on her neck as she giggled.

"What are you doing?" He asked in a raspy voice as he cleared his throat.
"I need to call home" she replied." I miss my baby"
"Do ya thang" He added reaching back, grabbing the phone and handed it to her. She read the time, it read 8:45am. Which meant it was 10:45 in Chicago. She smiled and dialed her aunts number. With only one ring, she heard her aunt screaming on the other end of the phone.
"NALA ESTRELLA KARRINGTON ARE YOU OK?!!!" Her aunt screamed as Nala ranked the phone from her ear, "I've been worried sick!"

"Yes ma'am" Nala reassures her, "I'm fine, the weather had cleared up here now. How is He feeling this morning?"

"Oh he's the same as Friday when you called" her aunt replied. "He misses his momma and quit frankly, he's getting on my damn nerves!" She complained.

She would always complain about him being a pain but would call Nala constantly if she didn't see him. Nala smirked as she saddled Maurice's torso. He smiled with his eyes closed and and began Rubbing her hips and butt as he listened in on the conversation.
"Can I talk to him?" Nala asked.
"Let me get him for you..."

Nala talked to her son about 10 minutes which was surprising to her because he was only 3 and his attention never lasted that long especially off of a regular call.
"Mommy when u coming back" he asked in his soft sweet voice, "Tt she- her won't let me watch YouTube."
"Legend, remember mommy's friends coming to pick you up and your coming to have fun with me" she replied.
"K Mommy!" He yelled, "Gotta Go watch Mickey Mouse house" He hung up on her before saying I love you. Nala sat on top of him motionless with her head hanging low.