Chapter 17: La Familia pt. 3

(Years earlier)

Dave caught his first case over Nala when he was 15 and she was 11. Nala was walking out of the rec center from her jazz lessons. She began walking toward the corner where she met her brother to walk home. She could usually see his figure standing in the middle of the side walk but she left class a couple minutes early and knew he would probably be there by the she made the walk which was about the same distance as a football field.  She had her hair in a bun, whore a white leotard, multicolored leggings, black air force ones and a Tommy Hilfiger hoody tied around her petite waste. Though she was small, she was starting to develop her womanly figure but being an avid dancer she had lots of muscle that complemented her curves. She was a baby in the face,  with b cups and a petite hour glass frame that made every adult uncomfortable.

As she strolled down the side walk with her earbuds in her ear she walked past the parking lot of the rev center and began to walk past a group of boys sitting on a bench in their school uniform . They looked to be around her brothers age or older. She focused her attention on the cars driving by as she walked. One of the boys hopped off the bench pulling her back by the hood of the jacket that was tied around her waist. He stood to the side of her and wrapped his arm around her shoulder and leaned into her face. NaLa leaned away from him and used her elbow to create some space  in between them. He pulled her left earbud out. 

"Can I help you?" Nala asked in a low annoyed tone.
"Where you going?" Where you going the boy asked stepping in font of her pressing his body against hers. She pushed him back and frowned. Nala seemed unusual to everyone growing up. She was  deathly quiet and emotionless. But with a brother like Dave and parents like she had, no wonder she was so easily unmoved.... she'd seen a lot of Shit.

"Home" she replied " move!" She stepped to the side and she stepped infront of her. While rolling her eyes she shifted the weight from one leg to the other. His eyes scaled Nala from her feet to her chest. He reached forward gently lifting up her gold name plate and resting his hand on her chest as he red her name.

"Nala?"  He looked at her smiling. "That's cute"

She took her necklace from his palm and pushed his hand away.
" Yea thanks.. I'm in 6th grade and too young for you. Don't you go to the Alternative High School for clunkier?" She frown "plus you UGLY AS FUck!"

He friends began to laugh hysterically making him become angry and embarrassed. He snatched her chain and grabbed her arm. The next thing Nala heard was Metal hitting scull and blood splatter on her leotard as the boy collapsed in front of her. She watched as her shirtless brother continuously hit the boy in the face with the pole 2-3 more times before directing his attention to the boys on the bench who were in shock.
"WASSUP NIGGAS U KNOW HOW IM ROCKIN'!!"  Dave yelled as he stepped closer to the. The boys began to back away

The boys began to back away almost shitting themselves.

"Dave Bro I promise I didn't know that was yo sister" one of the boys plead before running away and the others followed suit.  As he walked back over to Nala and examined the scratch on her chest the police pulled up infront of them.

WHOOP WHOOP!!!

They looked up and saw the officers hopping out of the car.
"Run Nala" Dave muttered as he stood in front of her with the boys motionless body at his feet. Nala grabbed his hand  and stood next to him while making herself shed fake tears.

An overzealous white plain clothes officer hopped out of the driver side of the unmarked Tahoe and his partner pimped out the passenger side with real smoothe. He was a Latino office with a low cut and thick beard. He wore a skin tight v neck under his vest exposing his tattooed arms.