Chapter 15: Only the Beginning

Nala Karrington

"I can't wait until this is over!!!" Nala huffed, "I can't fit shit!"
Nala stood in the middle of her walk-in closet trying to find something to wear but none of her clothes fit. She walked toward the back where Maurice kept some hoodies and T-shirts' for when he came to town. She put on one of his shirts slipped it on and it hugged her 6 month belly.

As the Months went on battling her emotions became harder, it was worst this time than the first time. She found herself sitting in silence in her room majority of the time while Maurice was away. The only time she felt happy was when Maurice came to town but she still had to force a smile.

As she walked back into her bedroom Legend walked into her room with his hair slicked back into a ponytail in only some jogging pants holding out her phone.
"Mommy, it's for you." He placed her phone in her hand and ran out the room.

She looked down at the phone and saw Maurice's face

She looked down at the phone and saw Maurice's face. He noticed the meek expression on her face.

"What's wrong?" He asked.
"Nothing fits me anymore Maurice?" She whimpered as she and whipped a tear away. "I'm so uncomfortable".
Maurice bit his top lip as he tried to mask his smile.
"Aww don't cry bae" he smiled. "You'll be ok; I'll just take you shopping." He said sipping out of a plastic cup with a Canadian flag on it.
"I don't want new clothes!" She cried out. "I want my old body!"
"But it's a good reason though" he said licking his lips. "Once the baby drops you'll be even better, I promise." He winked.
She blushed.

I just love him!
Even when I feel at my worst he makes me feel...... feel like.....
Like I'm worth something.

"Look" he continued with a more serious tone "I didn't call to hold you up; I'm about to start a session. I want you to come to Toronto."
"Ok— why?"
"Because I miss you muhfucka" he said in a matter of fact tone. "Yo best friend miss you too" he raised his eye brows. She rolled her eyes and smiled
"I'm sure he can wait. Besides, I haven't bought anything yet and I have to at least get the crib and nursery ready."
He smacked his lips.
"So!" He frowned. "I can get someone to take care of that"
"Noo Reese" she stated. "I'm trying to at least feel useful while I'm sitting her getting fat."
"That's why I'm trying to work you out!" He grinned and she let out a laugh. "Plus, I kind of miss rubbing on my baby, I didn't get to do that the first time."
"Ooook" she sighed, "what am I to do with L?"
"Bring him, I miss lil' homie" he replied. "I bought the tickets already, you leave tomorrow at 2:00pm."

They talked for a little while longer and once the got off the phone, Nala began to pack. She and Maurice were trying to figure out their relationship. She still resided in Chicago but the option to move to LA was still on the table. But, for now he moved her to the Magnificent Mile in a 3 bedroom loft penthouse apartment.