Chapter 20: Uncalled For.... (continued)

Nala Karrington

He peeked at his mother and saw the scared look on her face as she looked toward the door

He peeked at his mother and saw the scared look on her face as she looked toward the door. He quickly sat up and his eyes shot toward the door. Once he saw who was standing there he rolled his eyes and let out a deep sigh.

"Ma it's cool" Maurice spoke as he laid down back. And turned his attention back to Nala "This Nala's brother."

"Brother?" She repeated, "Oh, I didn't know she had a brother."

"Nice to meet you" Joyce said clearing her throat as she leaned back and crossed her right leg over her left.

"Nice to meet you too Ma'am" he created back politely as he walked closer to the bed and peaked at Nala who lay in the bed with oxygen mask on.

"Damn, she look bad" Dave stated as he looked at Reese with concern in his eyes. He put his hands on his hips.

"Thanks Bro, Real motivating" Nala replied, her voice was muffles by the mask and she never opened her eyes. She reached her arm over Maurice, resting her shoulder on his body as she reached for her brother. Maurice watched as Dave intertwined their fingers, bent down and kissed the back of her hand.

" That baby doing you dirty bruh.." Dave exclaimed as he stood up straight. "Pop the muahfucka out!"
He let her hand go as he walked to her side of the bed not noticing Brittney and the boys sleep in the corner. He sat next to her body facing her. She slowly She turned her body to face him and scooted closer to him feeling his body heat on the front of her thighs.

"How you feeling?" He asked.

"I feel exactly how I look..." she replied dryly removing her oxygen mask
"oh.." He replied, "You gon' be alright" he rubbed her protruding belly softly. "Where is my boy?"

Nala nodded to the corner and Dave eyes followed the direction that Nala nodded in. His eyes became fixated on Brittney as she slipped with the boys tucked under each arm. Dave turned to Nala smiling and then turned back to Brittney and the corner. "Who is that?"

"My sister" Maurice added quickly.

He is SOO protective over everyone it's crazy. I would like to see them together. She maybe able to calm the beast that is Dave. Maybe she could even talk him to moving to LA....... if I go anyway.

"Oh.." Dave nodded smoothly as he turned his attention back to Nala when his phone began to ring, he looked at it pulled it out and quickly put it back in his pocket and stood up kissing Nala's forehead.
"I'll be back Lil baby"

He walked around the bed, but not before taking one last look at Brittney. He gave Maurice dap and let him know to call him if he needed anything.

More time went by as contractions came and went. Maurice sat by Nala eating a burger from Burger King as she stared him down with hate in her eyes.