Chapter 14: What Do you Want from Me? (Part 2- Nala)

Nala Karrington

Ok Nala, go out there and pretend like you didn't  just throw up a piece of your lung in the toilet

Maybe he didn't notice..
If he doesn't say anything, I won't say anything

Nala re-entered the room and all eyes were on her. She felt uncomfortable as she went over to her full body length mirror and pretended to fix her hair.  Maurice was still standing in the middle of the room with his hands in his pockets and his head tilted to the side.

"C'mere Nala" he called dryly., their eyes caught each others through the mirror and she quickly looked away.
"Y-yea uhh" she stuttered.  "Gimme a minute."

Oh God he knows.

"Legend go get us a juice box or something" Maurice requested as he slowly moved closer to Nala. Legend left the room and Maurice stood behind Nala so close that she felt his breath on the back of her neck. She stared at her stomach threw the mirror.

Fuck!

"Nala?" He called, she said nothing at first.
"H-hmmm?" She murmured.

Not pleased a with her wordless answer he grabbed her arm and turned her around. She continued to look down not making eye contact. He pressed his forehead against hers and rand his finger tips across her collarbone, along the neck of her night gown and down to the single button that barley held her swollen breast inside her attire.

"You miss me?" He asked seductively.
"Mmhmm"
"For real?" He asked, "you wouldn't lie to me right?"
She shook here head silently as he began to rub his hands all over her body. Her pressed their bodies together and whispered in her ear in a raspy sexy voice.
"Is you gon' tell me....... Or do I have to ask?"

She looked up and rolled her eyes and bit her bottom lip.

Since he already knows there is no use in playing dumb

She nodded slowly, "Yea I'm pregnant"

He bagged away and stared at her with a disappointed look on her face which confused Nala.
"What?" She looking at him.
"Why you didn't tell me man?" He said shaking his head, " is that the reason you been blocking me??"

"I-I don't know" she shrugged. "When I left I was embarrassed and confused and I ju-"
"So you come back and let a nigga get you pregnant?..... just like that huh?"

"Wh-wh-Fuck is you talking about?!" She asked with a look of disgust on her face he continued to trail on...

"Like you could have picked up the phone and told me... I been missing the fuck out of you, but I wouldn't have wasted my time coming her- I was ready to give you everything but you quick to hop on other niggas dicks."