Chapter 20: Uncalled for....

Nala Karrington

A week had past since Maurices mom and sister came to town and Nala was adjusting well to having them around helping her prepare for the baby

A week had past since Maurices mom and sister came to town and Nala was adjusting well to having them around helping her prepare for the baby. Maurice left for a view days to do a couple shows and interviews in Miami and New York.

Legend and MJ had become inseparable and Nala and Joyce adores each other. Brittney being the bossy person that she was, began to fill like Nala's big sister and best friend that she never had. Nala has become so in-tuned and happy with them she forgot she hadn't heard anything from her own family.

"When you coming back?" Nala aske Maurice as she sat on an oversized beanbag looking out her bedroom window.

"Immma leave here tomorrow" he replied with his arm covering the top half of his face. "How my boys?"

"They are so damn active and just plain ol' bad" Nala giggled. "I don't think I will be able to handle them on my own with a new born. Ya moms love Legend to death!! She just lets him do anything"

"Yea that's mom dukes, she loves the kids."

Nala let out a light scream as her face scrunched up. The baby had began kicking around and was constantly kicking her in the rib cage.
"She still acting up?" Maurice asked noticing the familiar face of discomfort. Nala nods as she curls up tighter. " I think she ready to break out of there"
"Yea, I just wish she come already!" Nala whined.

" have you thought about what we talked about?"
Nala sat quitely looking away as if she was thinking, but She knew exactly what he was talking about.

"Nala?!" He yelled through the phone "I'm serious Baby"
Nala rolled her eyes and looked out the window not wanting to make any eye contact with him.

"Can she atleast get here first"

"No babe, she going to be here any minute though!! I need to know if you even to be with me!"

Nala looked shocked.

How is he getting me not wanting to jump up and leave my life for him as me not wanting to be with him. I want every inch of him.

"Maurice you know I love you!" Nala went on, "I just don't know if I can pick up and leave everything I know to move to California."

"But it's not just to move to Cali though" he reassured her, " it's to start a new chapter in your life.... with me..." he responded feeling offended that every time the talked about this subject she failed to see the big picture.

"But bae-" Nala began as he cut her off.

" I get it now, you don't want to live with me cause you don't really wanna be with me." He responded in a disappointed tone. A tear fell from Nala's eyes. "I'll talk to you later then."