Chapter 21: Giver of Life

A second later Brittney and the boys walked in the room and Legend ran to his mom's sighed and Brittney walked over to Maurice.

"Bro what's wrong?" She asked he looked over at her.
"Nala mom just showed up here."

"Brittney smiles, "yea I know she stopped us on our way up. She bad as hell ain't she.
..............

New::::

"Realll bad!!!"

"Oh what happened, what you m-" Brittney  was cut off by  the commotion of the nurses. The both turned their attention to the set of nurses working on Nala. One had her hands between her legs and the other was fidgeting with the probes under her gown.

"Ok Ms. Karrington im going to need you to lay down and try to relax" one nurse said pushing Nala back gentle as she pressed some buttons on the monitor. " I'm not hearing the baby's heart beat!"

"Ma what they talkin' about?" Maurice asked concerned.
Joyce didn't answer she was too busy tried to shield the boys eyes and hold Nala's hand.

A second later the door slung open and a white guy with a blond ponytail walked in with a white doctors jacket and a plastic face mask on. Maurice watched him as he pulled up a chair and sat at the end of the bed. The nurse who was examining Nala stepped to his side as he inserted 2 of his gmfinger tips into Nala.

"hello there!" He exclaimed
"Ya man!!" Maurice fussed as he gripped the doctors wrist.

"Excuse me" The doctor looked up at him with an irritated look. "I'm just doing my job!"

"I know but don't be all happy and shit between my girl legs when we been in this bitch 2 days and you ain't showed yo fuckin' face!" Maurice huffed as the doctor stood up and put his hands on his hips.

"Chill bro!" Brittney said rubbing his back. " it's normal, I see this happen all the time of TLC."

Maurice rolled his eyes and sighed as he stared at the doctor.

"Your daughter and the misses are in distress. Now unless you want this to end badly for one or the both of them. I suggest you step back and let me do my job!! If not I'm sure security will happily keep you company in the hall."

Maurice squinted his eyes at the doctor and then slowly looked over at Nala who was sweating and looking like she was in excruciating pain. The doctor got back between her legs

Let it go....

Maurice hung his head and stepped back only for Nala to reach for him as she cried. "Please don't leave me!!!"

He took a her hand in his and stepped to her side.

"I'm not going anywhere!"
He bent down and whispered in her ear.

"Ms. karrington Listen to me" the doctor demanded as he sat up straight. " I know your scared and in a lot of pain but right now I need you to push as hard as you can. Your baby is under a lot of stress and she needs her mommy right now. Can you push for her?"

Nala Nodded rapidly, "ok!"

Maurice stood there holding Nalas hand and kissing her sweaty forehead as Nala ensures 39 minutes of pain.

"Baby your so strong for this" he coo'd in her ear. "I promise you can go on vacation wherever you want."

"No Maurice, I want to go home." Nala  said as she let out an Exhausting  scream.

"Yea Bae, whatever you want" he replied back now really sure what she meant, he just knew he needed to comfort her.

"California Maurice..." Nala grunted as she pushed. "I'm ready to goooooooooooooooooooo!.."

The room filed with airy cries from a new born as Erica walked through the door in tears! Reese looked up from Nala and saw the doctor holding his baby covered in bloody and yellow fluids. He watched as the nurses pumped the fluids out of the screaming baby.
The room filed with "awwws" as the doctor stood up and laid the baby on Nalas Torso as he held her head.

"Congratulations Mr. Gray" the doctor said removing his mask. "These are some pretty little women you have in your life."
"Thanks" Maurice replied wiping his hand across his face trying to mask his smile.

A nurse approached Maurice's side holding a pair of surgery scissors. He looked at the scissors and the knife up at her.  "What?...."

"Dad's usually like to cut the cord.." she replied dryly and Brittney and Joyce laughed. With the doctors freehand he held up the yellow fluid stained umbilical cord that connect Nala and the baby.

Child birth some beautifully nasty shit 🤢 
Imma man.... I can do this.

He looked at the pale human that laid on Nalas belly as he slowly grabbed the scissors and snipped the bird. He cringed as the doctor handed the baby off to a nurse who then took her to a small incubator that was in the corner of the room. The boys curiously followed her.

"Ok Ms. Karrington you did a great job today." He spoke, turning his attention to Nala who grew paler. Nala didn't respond. "Ms. Karrington?.."

"Nala baby, what's wrong?" Maurice asked as he placed his hand on her cold clammy forehead. "She cold doc?...."

Nala's monitor began to flatline and Maurice went into a panick.

"NURSE I NEED A CRASH CART!!!!" The doctor said standing to to side changing  his gloves and mask as one nurse rand out of the room and the other pressed the code blue bottom on the wall. Laid Nalas bed back  and began to administer CPR.
"OMG SHES BLEEEDING!" Erica screamed looking down at the bed as bloody spewed from Nala's insides.

Nala please don't leave me like this.... I can't live without you. I need you.

More nurses and doctors flooded the room and they tried to evacuate everyone out of the room Maurice began to put up a fight. The medical staff had no choice but to sedate him after he broke a doctors nose and gave a security guard 2 broken ribs.

~~~

Maurice eyes shot open and he noticed he was laying in a hospital bed with his hands cuffed to the rails. Brittney and the boys crowded around him.

"Brittney where she at?!!!!!"