Chapter 17: La Familia pt. 4

Nala and Maurice stood about 3 feet away from the elevator located in the foyer of her apartment. Her stomach poked through her onsey as she traces circles around her belly button patiently awaiting the doors to the elevator to swing open. Once the elevator door swung open. Once the doors open Nala aunt shot out arms wide as she wrapped her arms around Nala. Dave stepped our of the hallway looking around waiting his turn to hug his sister as his aunt coo'd. Maurice took a couple feet away giving them some room.

"Look at you !"  She smiled in awe, moving a strand of hair out of Nala's face and wrapping it  around her messy bun

"Look at you !"  She smiled in awe, moving a strand of hair out of Nala's face and wrapping it  around her messy bun. "My baby"

Dave stood behind his aunt placing his chin on his shoulder and looked down at Nala. "On broooo!" He chuckled lightly, "you big as hellllll!"

He rubbed he rubbed his hand gently across her stomach as she rolled her eyes. "What ever lame"

Nala looked back and noticed chris watching patiently playing in his hair with his right hand. Just then Legend came running past him.

"UNCLE DDAAAAAAAVVVVVVEEEEEE!" He screamed and latched on to Dave's leg. Dave Smiled aa he began to  pry Legend from his leg and picked him up to hug him.

"Wassup Twin?!" Dave greeted softly bitting his cheek.

Erica smiles and touched both of their faces. "He's starting to resemble you more and more everyday Dave."
"Oh god please no" Nala joked and walked over to.

"Yea iight!" Dave snorted, " so why you been hiding from us?- Nahh I take that back cause this shit look decent from here I wouldn't leave either."

" I haven't been hiding" Nala added. "I've been relaxing, waiting on my due date. She wrapped her arms around Dave's 6'4 frame. "I missed you tho bro!"

Maurice stood a couple feet away leaving on the wall attempting to mask his frown. Even though Dave was family, Seeing Nala wrap her arms around another made made the hair on his neck stand up. He let out a couple soft coughs getting every ones attention.

"Oh I'm sorry baby!" Nala said walking over to him and wrapping her arms around his waist looking at her aunt and brother. " Maurice is this My ain't Erica and brother Dave.....Dave, TT Erica, this is Maurice." Nala grinned.

"Wassup Bro?" Dave greeted as he stepped toward him and extended his hand to Maurice who shook it firmly. Dave grinned at Nala and shook his head. Erica stood with her palms on her cheeks in disbelief. Maurice noticed Erica and smiles politely.

"How are you?" He greeted warmly. Nala looked at him and grinned. She wasn't used to him being all nice and warm to anybody.

He smiling and shaking hands.... I can get used to this Maurice 😂 

"Oh I'm fine.... just fine" Erica replied. "So are you"

"TT!" Nala called with a stale face. "Really?"

"Chile shit....he is!" She exclaimed " so tell me.. how did this all happen?"

"Long story short TT..... it all started when we were stuck in  a natural disaster"

They sat around and talked for awhile; Erica and Nala made arrangements to go  to dinner the following weekend. Maurice and Dave chopped it up awhile and found a common respect for one another. Nala was happy and that's all that mattered to Dave. Maurice understood that and Dave could tell he would go above and beyond for her so he was good in his book. He even had one had  one of his workers drop off a multiple pounds of Weed to Maurice and a celebratory gesture. Some people give single Cigars to congratulate new fathers; Dave on the other hand, gave enough weed to last an average person a 2 months.

Nala accompanied her brother and aunt to the elevator as they were getting ready to leave. While awaiting the elevator Erica grabbed Nala's face and kissed her forehead.

"Baby girl, I've been praying the both of you finds peace all your lives and I'm just happy one of you found it in the midst of all this chaos."

Dave smacked his lips. " what you talking about TT. I got MaryJane, Big Ben and my piece.... of steel" he shrugged his shoulders. "Shiiiddddddd I'm straight"

She cut her eyes at him, "there is more to life than drugs, money and guns boy!"

"Yea...ok" he replied dryly as Nala grabbed his hand in reassurance.

"I wanted you to take that trip so you could find yourself and sooo much more.... Now I didn't expect you would come back pregnant" she smiled and Nala blushed. "I'm happy you created the loving family you always wanted..."

Nala became lost in her thoughts.......

I'll admit it! I didn't got to LA looking for anyone or anything. I had plans on drinking and partying my worries away. I had no purpose but my purpose found me! I was supposed to make him whole again as he did the same for me   I mean a bitch was supposed to die out there! Like who the hell makes it out of wildfires and mudslides alive.... MEE!! No other person in their right mind would even stick around getting stoned while everything is burning around them... No body but Maurice. We are equally crazy that's why we are made for one another.

As Nala was lost in her own head about how quick her life changed her aunts voice began to fade away until she heard her say.

"Your mom misses you and wants to see you"

"I'm sorry come again?" Nala asked squinting her eyes. " Nahh.... I'm good now and I don't want my life ruined again. She's really done enough TT thanks but no thanks."

"But Nala it's selfish to keep her away from her grandkids!" Erica added, "she's your mother and she should be by your side at this time."

"Well she should have thought about that when she put her pregnant daughter out on the street while she was in school trying to make away for herself and needed some support." Nala snapped back and let out a sigh. " look I may reconsider in the future.... just not now"

Erica nodded in agreement.
"That's fair; I wouldn't want to cause any stress this late into your pregnancy"

Nala pulled her into a hug "thank you for respecting my choice... I love you."
Nala looks over at Dave and softly hits him in his chest with an open hand. " Call me Bro" Nala demanded.
Dave winked and proceeded to get in the elevator as the doors opened. She watched the doors closed on them and she walked toward the livingroom areawhere Maurice and Legend laid sat watching TV. 

Nala sat in between the two of them and legend began to rub her thigh in a circular motion. " mama, is gamma coming over like TY said?"
Before Nala could reply, Maurice responded. "Yea she coming"
"Yea-No.. The.. Fuck.. she Not" Nala hissed and began to mumble.

I know this was kind of boring, bare with me
I will have another chapter up later today. I was in the middling of typing it but I got tired 😴
I'm officially done with 17 though 💪🏾💪🏾
Here comes so interesting twist and turns.
Thanks for reading, liking
Thank you
NomadikLyfe XO