Chapter 16: Leave It In The Past

Nala Karrington

"Hi TT" "How you feeling baby? "I really feel good right now" Nala replied smiling to herself  as she sat on her heather grey plush rug in the middle of her living room surrounded by baby clothes and accessories

"Hi TT"
"How you feeling baby?
"I really feel good right now" Nala replied smiling to herself as she sat on her heather grey plush rug in the middle of her living room surrounded by baby clothes and accessories.

She sat there going through everything and talking to her Aunt, Legend lay on the couch with his head hanging over the edge watching YouTube. They had returned home from Toronto a couple weeks ago and it was getting really close to Nala's due date. Nala has engaged in hours of retail therapy to deal with her anxieties. With Legend, she dealt with a lot of complications due to stress. This time she had Maurice and he provided her with everything she needed, even though she was still uncomfortable with accepting all that he gave she appreciated everything.

"That's good baby, I'm happy for you" Nala aunt replied clearing her throat. Nala rolled her eyes knowing that there was something her more behind this phone call other than to check up on her. "Are you ok, what's up?"

"Oh uhh.... a-are you coming by today" Nala could sense Thee nervousness in her aunts voice.

"Yea... I think I am." Nala heaved as she positioned herself on her knees and stood up. " We haven't left home since we came back from Toronto."

"Good-good!" she exclaims. "I have some company coming over and I want you to be here."

Here she go with this shit again 😒
Honestly, I love Aunt Erica but she need to leave this shit alone. Always trying to finesse this women in my life.

"No TT Erica!" Nala replied sternly rolling her eyes, crossing her arms and shaking her head as of her aunt was standing in-front of her and could see her disapproval. " I don't want to talk to your sister"

"Nala that is your mother!" Erica pleaded.
"Tuhh- since when?" Nala scoffed as she sat on the chaise end of her sectional. "She stopped being my mother when I was bouncing house to house with a new born, keep a job and deal with my depression that she very well knew I had cause she caused it!"

"Baby....let the past be the past!"
"Believe me I'm trying!" Nala grew angrier as she continued. " She opted out on her kids a long time ago. So I'm opting out on her NOW! "

Nala noticed she began to yell and she took a pause to perform some deep breathing before she said something to her aunt that she wouldn't regret. Legend noticed his mother mood change, he sat up and watched her with buck eyes and pouted lips.

"Look..." she ran her hand down Legends face before continuing. "I know who she is to me and I think I love her. But I can only do that from afar....... I can't deal with you pushing her on me right now- so close to my due date.... TT Erica you know me being happy has been real rare -"
"Don't I know it!" Erica interjected and Nala rollled her eyes.
"I just wanna stay Happy!"
"I understand Nala but I know she Misses you...."