Chapter 22: The Long Hall

RECAP-

Maurice eyes shot open and he noticed he was laying in a hospital bed with his hands cuffed to the rails. Brittney and the boys crowded around him.

"Brittney where she at?!!!!!"

NEW-

Brittney grabbed his shoulder attempting to push him back against the bed.

"Bro you gotta calm down!" She tried to hush him. "She's in surgery and mommas with the baby."

"What happened to her?" He asked ignoring the statement about the baby; at the moment a baby was his least concern. "And why am I cuffed to a damn bed?!!"

"Oh" Brittney Smirked, "So you DONT remember?"

He shook his head "no" anticipating her answer.

"You.... Went... APE....SSSSSSHHITT IN THIS BITCH!" She explained enthusiastically, "Nala went south real quick and you looked at her and that was it." She smashed her right fist into her left hand as she continued "You were screaming, the nurse tried getting you out the room and then you elbowed the damn lady in the nose..... You body slammed the security guard and then they shot you with a tranquilizer."

He covered his eyes with his free hand as he listened to Brittney informed him of his recent events.

"I'm FUCKED!" He hissed.

"Oh bro don't worry.' She sighed, "Mommy took care of it..... But if you see $150,000.00 come out the joint account, don't be too shocked, ok?"

He nodded with heavy sigh.

"you really lucky we have this floor to ourselves because that was definitely a world star moment." Brittney sat on the edge of the bed.

"You been out for 4 hours" She added, "Nala should be getting out of surgery soon..."

"Why she need all that though?" He asked irritatedly, "Why she need all that? What did they do to her?"

He asked not understanding how delivering a baby could do all of this, Women have kids every day right.....

Minutes later security peaked his head in the room as Brittney attempted to calm her brother down once again. "Is everything ok in here?" He asked stepping inside the room.

"Yes" Brittney relied, "Everything is fine sir.... Can you un-cuff Mr. Grey please? He would like to see his new daughter and check on her mother as well." Brittney asked in a now professional voice. The guard nodded and walked over quickly un-cuffing Maurice from the railing and he quickly jumped off the bed rubbing his wrist.

"Preciate it" Maurice said as he grabbed Legend's hand and attempted to leave the room but the guard blocked the exit.

"I really wasn't supposed to do that though.." The guard spoke bluntly. Maurice looked down at Legend who stared back at him looking miserable. Maurice looked up and forced a smile.

Niggaz always tryna come up...

I really should slap the shit out of his ass...

Reese glanced at Legend again who wrapped his little arm around Maurice's arm.

I can't let Legend lose her...

Fuck, I can't lose her...

"What ever you need she'll take care of it" Maurice said dryly. He hated the fact that the people used his vulnerabilities to come up.