여덟

왜 나를 미치게합니까?

In the library, chaeyeon was alone reading a book waiting for jaehyun since he promised that they would study together. She opened her phone to check the time, "8:45 pm, aish jaehyun. where are you." she mumbled herself.

she started again reading to distract herself from thinking about the time... and jaehyun. she then got her earphones and wore it. through the night is playing.

suddenly, someone pulled her earphone and she looked up when she saw someone placed a book on the table.

"sorry, i am late. i still had a lot of works that my prof asked me to do. anyways, have you eaten already?" jaehyun sat down infront of her, chaeyeon was again mesmerized by his beauty, especially with the light behind him.

her eyes were sparkling as soon as jaehyun opened his book. it was like, the simple things made her heart flutter, and it's a bad thing. it is not right to feel this way towards him, she knew she will only get hurt if she continued to.

but she noticed every details about him, his eyes, his lips, his fingers, and his scent. it only made her fall inlove with him even more, but she needed to stop it.

"h-huh? not yet, how about you?" she responded. jaehyun nodded before answering.

"uhm, chaeyeon? are you alright?" chaeyeon went back to reality when he spoke. "o-oh yeah, im fine. your treat?" she smiled and jaehyun nodded as a response. she could feel the butterflies inside her, and her heart beating fast. she was stuttering, and cannot look at him.

"h-how was your practice?" chaeyeon broke the awkward silence between them. "I haven't memorized a single line...." He was embarrassed.

"what? You forgot all the lines i taught you?" chaeyeon asked, he giggled and did not answered.

;

they just finished studying and it was already past 10. when they were about to go home, the strong rain suddenly poured down. they were exhausted since they did not brought any umbrella with them.

"oh shit, wrong timing." chaeyeon whispered. she was startled when jaehyun offered his jacket to chaeyeon, handing it to her.

"take it." he said when chaeyeon doesn't seem taking it. "why aren't you taking it?" he again complain

chaeyeon cant do anything so she just took it from his hand and wore it. the rain wont stop and they had no choice, so they walked even if the rain was still pouring.

they both sighed while walking along the road. there were no more cars going that way since it's already late so they did not mind walking in the middle. "next time, bring an umbrella with you, you'll never know when you will need them." jaehyun said.

"yes, master." she replied.

"anyway, how's your bruises? I haven't checked on you earlier." he said and while trying to look at her bruises. "ah no, im fine. it's slowly fading and doesn't hurt anymore."

"winter is coming." she paused, "and i cant wait for that day to come." she said as she look up as if the stars were smiling at them with their bright smiles and twinkling eyes.