Chapter 18

Jay's POV
"Erin, I'm just trying to help. I know it's hard for you and I want to help you overcome this," I told her.

"Then leave me alone if you're trying to help, like you claim you are," Erin replied flatly.

I looked into her eyes that showed zero emotions. I couldn't read her like I normally am able to. I let out a long sigh, hesitantly placed a gentle kiss on her forehead and reluctantly left her room. Just as I exited her room, I saw Hank walking towards her room.

Hank's POV
As I was approaching Erin's room, I saw a disheartened Jay leaving her room. I approached Jay and asked how she was. "Hey, how is she doing?" I asked.

Jay let out a sigh and gave me an update. "Well, frankly, she isn't doing too well. She's... I don't know... She's shutting down it seems like. She is pushing everybody away and building this wall back up. I'm trying to help her but she won't let me. I have tried everything, reminding her that I'm her partner, her boyfriend, and that I'm here for her, that she can trust me, but nothing is working. She isn't eating as well, and I know she hasn't eaten a proper meal in a while. She just looks emotionless and looks like she has already given up. I don't know. And Connor thinks she is trying to get high again. She asked for more morphine just now and he has no choice but to give it to her," he explained.

I sighed, not really surprised by his words but part of me is a little disappointed. I thought that maybe after this incident, she would start digging herself out of this hole and start to rely on the people around her again. But I was wrong. "I'll try to talk to her. But I highly doubt she will talk to me if she doesn't even wanna talk to you. Pretty sure she trusts you the most," I said. Upon seeing him nod, I continued, "I have decided that once she gets discharged, she will be staying with me until she can get clean again. Just so I can keep an eye on her."

"I think that's a good idea. She's gonna hate it, but I think it's necessary," he replied. The both of us continued to talk for a bit more, brainstorming ideas on how we can possibly help Erin. After some time, we went back to Erin's room.
-
First of all, I'd like to apolgize for the slow updates. School has just been super busy and has been kicking my butt. Thank you for being patient and for reading. It definitelt keeps me motivated to find time to write between my busy schedule.

Please leave a comment/suggestion for improvements and future chapters. Thank you.

Instagram: @linstead_love