Chapter 35

Jay's POV
Upon arriving at Hank's place, he quickly debriefed us on what had happened. And once Mouse had pinged Erin's phone and gave us a location, we quickly sped off to check it out.

When we arrived at the location, patrol officers had already cordoned off the area after Hank's orders through the radio. I canvassed the area, realizing that this is one of the many routes between Hank's place and mine, which meant that Erin was telling the truth that she was coming over to mine. As I was looking around, I heard Antonio call out. "Jay! Come here! I found something!" he yelled.

I jogged over to him and looked at what he was holding. "A wallet was laying on the ground. Guess whose it is," he looked at me, flashing Erin's ID.

"Damn. That's definitely her wallet, I recognize it," I stated affirmatively.

I looked around and noticed Chinese food spilled all over the floor not too far away from Antonio. Immediately, my heart filled with warmth at the thought that she may have been bringing food from our favorite restaurant over to mine, making me instantly think of our Friday nights. However, soon, Voight's raspy voice rang through my ears. I looked up to see him calling for us in an alleyway.

In his hands were a necklace and some strands of hair. Erin's necklace. The one I gave her a few months back. And her hair. Her caramel, brunette hair. He then held up a metal rod, blood covered it's corners. Then, Antonio pointed at some small rocks and a small pool of blood on the ground. "Whoever has her probably beat her up," he said solemnly. My face immediately flushed with red, furious that somebody would hurt her, let alone lay hands on her. Fuming, I mumbled under my breath, "We're gonna find these pricks and then they are gonna get what they deserve."

"I'll get all these evidence to the crime lab. See if we can lift any prints from the rod and run a DNA test on that blood," Antonio explained.

"And I'll check the security camera in the Chinese restaurant, trace back her steps from your place to this alley, and try to get hold of any footage from security cameras or our pods along the way. And I'll also try to find any witnesses while I'm at it," I declared.

With that, we each went off, trying to push back the thought of what they could be doing to Erin. Erin has been kidnapped and the main priority right now is to find her as soon as possible. And to find her alive.
-
Instagram: @linstead_love