Chapter 26

Jay's POV
We arrived at the apartment and Hank knocked on the door forcefully. "Erin!" his gravelly voice shot through. Silence. He knocked again a few times. Again, no response. "Halstead, kick the door down," he ordered.

Just as I was about to kick the door, the door opened ajar and a guy peeped through the gap. A guy I have never seen before. "Stop banging. Leave me alone. Who are you?" he questioned, clearly drunk and high.

"We're here to look for Erin Lindsay. Where is she? Open up!" Hank demanded, his voice full of authority.

"Why?" he shot back.

At this point, both of us were losing patience and I prepared to kick the door down. "Okay okay..." he raised his hands up in surrender and let us in. We entered the place and the stench stung my nose. The place reeked of booze and drugs - like the smell of a combination of burning plastic and chemicals, and also vinegar - and I instantly identified it as the smell of cocaine and heroin from all the drug busts we have done previously. I looked around and saw bottles of alcohol laying everywhere, and snow white powder covering the living room, reminding me of multiple parties and drug busts we have raided before. Then suddenly, I saw soft, silky, brunette hair that caught my attention. Erin.

She laid passed out on the couch face down, her hair covering her face. I could feel my heart palpitate at the sight, not knowing if she was alive or not, praying hard that she was and it wasn't one of those occurrences where we would find somebody dead from an overdose when doing a raid. I rushed to her side and bent down next to the couch, flipping her so she's laying on her back. Her body was limp. Instinctively, I immediately tried to find a pulse. As I was doing so, I could hear  Hank interrogating the guy in the background.

Hank's POV

"Who the hell are you?" I interrogated.

"Who are you to ask me that?" he talked back.

"I am Hank Voight, a sergeant of Chicago P.D.. Either you start talking or I arrest you for drug possession," I stated firmly, as he danced on my last nerve.

"I'm Landon, Erin's friend. She called me and so we came back to my place. I didn't do anything. It was all her," he explained. Then, I heard somebody groan from the living room...

-

Thank you for reading :)

Instagram: @linstead_love