Chapter 52

Erin's POV
About an hour later, the discharge papers were finally settled and Jay arrived, taking me home.

"Hi beautiful, excited to finally go home to your sweet, cozy apartment?" Jay walked in, smiling.

"Yes definitely. I'm sick of this place and I miss my soft bed," I smiled back.

"Well let's go then. I already brought some clothes over to your place for when I stay there," I explained, helping her pack the rest of her belongings.

"You mean so you can babysit me?" I accused playfully, side eyeing him.

"Nope, just taking care of my girlfriend because I love her," he looked at me and gave me his signature Jay Halstead smile that I love so much.

I blushed and looked down, letting a soft smile creep up my face. "Somebody is blushing," he teased, chuckling.

"Oh shut up," I punched him playfully.

About an hour later, we finally left the hospital after Connor explained some things to Jay and I, such as things I need to watch for, things I can and cannot eat, cleaning out my bandages and more.

Upon arriving at my apartment, I opened the door, only to be met with a trail of rose petals and mini candlelights. I glanced up at Jay, raising my eyebrows. All he did was smile and shrug. "Just follow it," he said.

I did as I was told. I noticed that my apartment was clean and neat, probably because he came to clean it up before since he was obviously here. The petals led me to my room, and at the end of the rose trail was a heart drawn on the bed using some pink, red and white rose petals. In the middle of the heart, sat a box. "Jay.. I- It's beautiful," I said, in awe.

"Open the box," he told me, taking my hand and leading me to the bed. He sat on the edge of the bed with me and placed the box on my lap.

I opened the box to see all sorts of favorite things. Candies, chocolate, bath bombs, some nice smelling lotion, more snacks, even some socks and a cozy hoodie. "Well, you've gone through hell and back and so much shit happened to you in these past few months that I thought you'd like a lil self care box because I want you to look after yourself more. Plus I know how much you love food, and socks, and stealing my hoodies," Jay stated proudly.

"Jay... You didn't have to.. Thank you," I hugged him tight, embracing the comfort and warmth that was brought upon me as he held me in his arms.

He pulled away and got a small jewelry box out of his pocket. "There's one more thing," he opened the box. "I know you say you aren't fond of jewelry but I think you'll like this one," he continued, showing the necklace to me.

Inside the box was a simple gold necklace with a small heart attached to it. On the heart, the phrase "One Day" was engraved. I was left speechless. Nobody has done this for me before or gave me such a meaningful gift. No words could express how much love and gratitude I have for this man. All I did was wrap my arms around his neck and place a long, gentle kiss on his lips. 
-
Idk, I was tired and in a good mood and wanted to write a cute linstead chapter. Also cuz I wanna fill the void in my heart that linstead left 🥺 this prob isnt realistic, relationshup development wise, but oh wellll. Let me be happy 💗

Instagram:
Editing: @linstead_love
Fanfic: @linsteadlove.ff