Chapter 40

Erin's POV
As I regained my consciousness, I felt somebody holding me and could hear people talking. Immediately, I assumed it was the three guys and started moving around, trying to get out of the grip of whoever was holding me. But instead, he tightened my grip, which inflicted me to panic even more.

"Erin. Erin. It's me Jay. You're okay. You are safe. It's over," Jay repeatedly said.

Somehow, his words managed to get through my hazy mind and I stopped squirming around, opening my eyes and looking around the room, slightly confused. My eyes then landed on those heavenly sapphire eyes. "Jay..." I mumbled weakly, tearing up.

Instinctively, I wanted to hug him, only to be reminded that I was still handcuffed to the pole. "Hold up, I got you Erin," Kevin stated, walking towards me, retrieving a paper clip from his pocket and picking the lock of the handcuff, setting me free.

I opened and closed my palm, trying to regain my senses on that hand after being in tight handcuffs for so long. I felt Jay pull me closer to him. And I instantly threw my arms around his neck, hugging him tight. Burying my face in the crook of his neck, allowing all my emotions to flood out.

"I'm so sorry Jay," I mumbled, letting tears fall down my cheeks.

"There's nothing to be sorry for Erin. It's not your fault," Jay reassured, rubbing my back.

After several minutes, I finally calmed down. I pulled away from him and looked around. Part of me felt really embarrassed that the unit had to see me this way - half naked, only in my underwear, breaking down and was on the verge of a panic attack. I maneuvered my body, trying my best to find a comfortable position, but that task was found to be impossible as an absurd amount of pain struck every inch of my body with every movement. My eyes then met Hank's as he slowly approached me, kneeling down in front of me. "How are you feeling kiddo?"

I glanced at Jay then looked at Hank, completely ignoring his question. "Hank. It's them. Jason Mitchell, Juan Rodriguez and Noah Garcia. They kept reminding me of that day in 1999. They came back for vengeance," I explained softly, my voice quivering as it slowly faded away, mumbling the last part.
-
Not my best chapter cuz I was so distracted and out of it when I wrote it 😂 oops

Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy it and I'm super grateful for all your support ❤️

Instagram: @linstead_love