Plummet// part six

l.t: Life Saver

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Louis really didn't seem the type. And now I had waited too long in answering him. "I'm sorry, can you repeat that?" I asked, my face burning red.

"Do you want to go get coffee?" Louis seemed confused now too.

"I get that part yeah but.. The second part."

"How do Americans say it again?" Louis seemed to ponder the question. "A date, right? Not courtship?" I slowly nodded my head.

"Nobody really uses, courtship anymore." I murmured.

"Alright. A date then." He said so matter-of-factly. Well, I guess Natalia gets to rub it in my face, Louis did like me. And I would be stupid to say no to him.

"Sounds.. Well, yeah of course.. Um." Was I too eager in saying that? I mean, it's not like I didn't think Louis was cute and sure, dating him would be nice but he was so stoic sometimes and closed off. It was a little suspicious.

"Would you like to go now?"

"Now?" I asked nervously before clearing my throats and trying to pretend I wasn't anxious. "Now is fine." Louis didn't smile or nod his head he simply got up as well. That was another thing about him. He rarely showed emotion. How was I supposed to know if he actually liked me or not. "But you do know that it's nearly six o'clock right?"

"Do people not drink coffee at six?" Louis asked, pulling on his jacket.

"Not usually."

"What do they do then?" Sometimes I wondered if he really was from Britain. He seemed to not be aware of certain things sometimes.

"Um, drinks?"

"Alcohol?" I shrugged.

"Kind of."

"Is that what you would like?"

"Oh, uh, no thanks. Coffee is fine or tea or.. Smoothies. We could get those." I suggested, not wanting to pass up the opportunity to hang out with Louis outside of school.

"What's in them?"

"Whatever you want. They'll have a menu of options."

"Smoothies it is." Neither of us had a car so it looked like we were walking. Louis mumbled something about other means of transportation but I think he was mostly talking to himself. I had looked up the nearest smoothie place and it would take us nearly half an hour to get there on foot. I was fine with that. Sometimes talking to Louis was difficult but I didn't mind

"How are classes going?"

"Fine." I tried not to sigh. Louis was notorious for one word answers.

"Do you like the teachers? Who do you have?"

"Well you know who I have for religion and art. Then there's Professor Sichan, Mackentire, Simers and Atuna."

"Two of those are religion teachers. Are you planning on doing something with religion?" I asked. Louis shrugged.

"Never really thought about it. I like religion. I don't really know what I'm doing though."