Bewitching// part seven

c.h: Breathe

Sitting in Trinity's  room, I watched her breathe in and out slowly. She said she was trying to test something. I didn't know what she meant by that. She had clearly discovered a new power but what it was, I didn't know. It clearly involved candles again though. Her hands were hovering over the fire she had put in front of us. I was a little scared she would try touching the fire but I had to keep reminding myself it wouldn't hurt her.

"Blow out the candles." Trinity spoke in a soft voice. I tried not to sigh. She kept having me do this. I would blow out the candles she would almost feel the smoke in a way and then relight them. We had done this three times already.

"What exactly are you trying to do?" I asked. She didn't reply. This time, I did sigh before blowing out the candles. Trinity moved her hands over the smoke quickly, as if she was trying to pick it up but nothing happened. With a frown, she opened her eyes.

"I'm trying to bend the smoke." She explained, lighting the candles one by one.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, it's like with the water or fire, Avatar stuff you know? I'm trying to airbend I guess you could call it." Airbending? Sweet.

"Oh, that's cool. So far no luck though?" She sighed, staring at the small flames in front of her.

"Obviously."

"Why are you trying to airbend the smoke. Couldn't you airbend you know, the actual air around us?" Trinity straightened up her back and unfolded her legs.

"I was starting with something I could see. You can't exactly see air you know?" I got her point, nodding.

"Maybe you should take a break then, if you can't seem to do it just yet." Trinity frowned at the cradles. She was probably frowning at me in reality.

"No, I'm going to keep trying." She breathed out again but didn't bother to re enter herself or cross her legs again. Maybe she thought it was pointless, she hadn't gotten anywhere so far. Trinity went back to breathing in and out slowly. I could just imagine what it would like when she finally got it right. The smoke would wrap around her fingers and she would hold it in her palm and smile at me. "Blow it out."

"Okay." I said softly, bending a little and blowing out the candles. It happened almost as I predicted. The small tendrils of smoke wrapped around Trinity's right hand without warning. She didn't open her eyes but she did smile and pulled her hand up, the smoke followed her. She pushed out with her hand and the smoke lingered there in front of me, as if stuck to the palm of her hand. "You did it." Trinity opened her eyes, smiling wider than ever.

"I did it." She confirmed before shaking out her wrist. The smoke disappeared.

"So, airbending?" I asked. Trinity laughed and flexed her fingers out at me, as if she was throwing something. My hair was blown back and I laughed.

"Airbending." Trinity laughed as she shot invisible bursts of air sat her curtains, her bed sheets and closed the door with a loud smack.

"That's incredible Trinity." Was I happy for her? I wasn't sure. She was grinning like mad and I suddenly felt uneasy.

"Want to test my limit?" She asked. Oh no, not this again. Please don't get out of control.