Chapter 53: Everyday gets harder

Isabella

I felt like my heart had just burst with emotion. It broke me seeing my BabyGirl crying and screaming in pain throughout childbirth. It hurt to know that she didn't have Alexander with her comforting her. Little did anyone know that he was going to make a miraculous arrival just in time for his daughter's arrival.

I still had no idea as to how he survived or how he knew we would be here, but I didn't care. He was here and that was all that mattered. I had to find James and Ethan to tell them the exciting news.

As I turned the corner and made eye contact with my husband, my body gave way and I fell heavily to the floor having lost all control of my body. A wave of nausea hit me and my body began to violently throw up whatever was left in my body. I could taste the metallic from blood that spilled out all over the floor.

Nurses and doctors rushed around me and shouted for help. James screamed out for me and pushed his way through all the staff shouting at them to do something. I could feel my husband lift me up off the floor and rush me down the hallway before placing me down on a bed. I lay there motionlessly as they checked me over, but all I could was stare at James as he stared at me with tears in his eyes.

He and I both knew that this chemotherapy wasn't working. I tried to push past the pain so I wouldn't scare people, but every day was becoming a harder fight. And he knew it.

"Mrs Richardson, we understand you've been under a lot of stress recently and I am now saying that you are going to have to stay here as we need to do some tests. The chemotherapy hasn't seemed to be effective and we will have to discuss other options".

My heart dropped. I knew where they were going to with this and I didn't want to want to talk about it. Today wasn't about me.

"C-Can I see my daughter. She's just given birth".

Tears dripped down my cheeks as I collapsed on the pillow. James stroked my head softly and pressed his shaky lips on my forehead.

"Of course ma'am. I'm just going to have to advise you to wait until you have the nurses run some tests and you rest up. What's your daughter's name? I'll have someone tell her".

"No, it's okay. I'll go. Ethan stay with your mother".

Ethan nodded and sat by my side, but I pushed myself up and reached for James who was standing by the doorway.

"Please stay".

"I'll be right back my love. It's best if I tell Lily. Besides, you've got to see the little kicker, I want to see her too".

A small smile lit up on my face as I realised he was come face to face with the least likely person.

"Okay. Please can you bring me back some hummus from the shop".

"Anything for you my darling".

James walked out of the room and left me and Ethan alone with the nurses who started to gather up equipment ready for my tests.

***********

Lily

"My god, she looks just like you" he muttered as he lent in close staring at her with the most innocent of eyes.

"She's just as beautiful as you" he whispered into my ear as he shuffled himself closer to me on a chair.

He bit his lip harshly as he stared at her with tears pooling in his eyes.