three

k a y d e n c e
[ killah ]

$

I lowly grunted, irritated at the feeling of something wet on my face disturbing my sleep. Fluttering my eyes open, I suddenly grew angry at the sight of this annoying ass dog licking my cheek.

"Chronic, get off me man!" I pushed the dog away and watched him jump off the bed.

"Fucking disgusting." I mumbled as I sat up and wiped my face with the back of my hand.

He sat there on the floor, staring at me with his tail wagging frantically as he heavily panted with his tongue sticking out of his mouth.

I chuckled and shook my head. "Hate chu, man." I said playfully and hopped out the bed.

"Baby, come get ya ugly ass pitbull!" I yelled walking out the bedroom and into the living room.

Chronic ran to Reign and leaped onto her lap while she was seated on the couch watching tv.

"Stop calling him that. He's a pug not a pitbull." She rolled her eyes and giggled as she rubbed Chronic's stomach.

I kissed my teeth and made my way to the bathroom, "they all the same." I walked in and proceeded to brush my teeth. I honestly hate animals but whatever my baby girl wants, my baby girl gets. I love seeing her happy but sometimes I feel like she loves that damn dog more than me.

Reign was the love of my life, my high school sweet heart. I loved her ever since the 9th grade but we didn't actually get together till the end of our junior year. I remember always asking Ramiro, her twin brother and my day 1, to hook me up with her and he denied my request every single time because he thought I was gonna play her. He was wrong, of course. I've been loyal to Reign ever since. She did have her assumptions here and there, which was normal for females I guess. But I stayed down for her and I always will. The fuck I look like messing shit up with her? She was beautiful, smart, tough, strong-minded, and a real rider.

It's obvious I'm not the ideal guy to be with, I've done a lot of shit that I should be in jail for right now. At times, I really felt like I was fucking up Reign's life and I've expressed that to her on multiple occasions. However, she always assured me that she was fine and if she wanted out she would've done it already. What I adored the most about her was her mind and intelligence, and having a woman like that by my side was what I was most thankful for.

Ramiro being the over protective brother that he was, obviously didn't want Reign to get involved in this shit. But that all changed after he seen how good she was at everything that a lot of these niggas weren't capable of doing. He feared for her life but we made sure to always protect her and if anything ever went wrong, she wasn't gonna go down alone... or at all for that matter.

"So listen..." I trailed as I finished up in the bathroom and walked out. "I got a surprise for you." I plopped myself down on the couch next to her.

"What is it?" Reign asked with her attention still on the television.

I licked my lips and scooted closer to her, placing my arm around her shoulder. "Guess." I said looking at her with a smirk.

"Pam is fucking hilarious." She laughed at an episode of 'Martin' playing in front of us.

I made a double take at the screen and kissed my teeth before picking up the remote to turn it off.