ten

m o n r o e

$

"Girl are you stupid or idiotic?!"
I sat there in utter disbelief at the fuckery that just escaped Chin's mouth. All I wanted to do was take a damn taxi to her house since Reign was too lazy to drive, pick up my car that I left here at Chin's place last night, and go on with my day.

But no. Here I am listening to this bullshit information Chin decided to tell me.

"I know, I messed up. But Roe, his lips are sooooo soft and he smelled so good. He honestly looked so good yesterday and the liquor wasn't helping with that either." She batted her eyelashes and giggled as I just kept a straight face.

It was like she didn't even care that she did it, and it was making me sick. I know I play around with her when it comes to Armani sometimes, but I didn't actually think the girl was gon' do something.

"I- Shania, did you guys fuck on your period or something? Is there more to the story? Why are you so happy about this?"

"No, we didn't fuck. He actually got mad."

VERY good.

"And I'm not happy, I'm just... shit 'ion know. It was just nice watching him take care of me and making sure I was good. I couldn't help myself. He's such a beautiful man." She sighed and gushed like we were back in middle school or some shit.

I rolled my eyes and brought my hands up to rub my temples. "So what about Puff?" I continued to circle my temples and closed my eyes in frustration.

"What about him? What he doesn't know won't hurt him, plus I wouldn't put Armani in that position. Puff would kill him. I ain't saying shit."

I stopped my hands and opened my eyes and just gave her a glare. I really wish she wouldn't have told me this because one, it was none of my business and two, I hate keeping secrets. Especially big ones like this.

"Please don't tell Reign!"

You see.

I scoffed and got up from the table.
"Please, Monroe? 'Ion want her to lecture me and shit, I'm not in the mood for any of that." She begged and I turned back to look at her. "I won't say anything. But listen, Chin. You better be careful with this shit 'cause if Puff finds out, it's your mess and only your mess to clean up. Don't drag me into anything- oh and don't do no more stupid with Armani. That man doesn't deserve to be involved in any drama." I sternly expressed. She nodded and I made my way out of her house.

I arrived back home and kicked my shoes off before plopping down on the couch. My pager went off and my eyes instantly lit up at Ramiro's number and quickly picked up the phone to call him.

"Damn, that was fast."

I smacked my lips and chuckled. "Hello to you too, big head."

"How you doin'? How was the party?"

"I'm good and the party was fun, just wish you was there."

"Wish I was there wit you also but we'll be back tomorrow. I was actually wondering if you'd like to go ou-"

"Who's that on the phone?!" I heard Kaydence's loud ass voice in the background.

"Monroe. Wh- aye what the fuck nigga!" I suddenly heard shuffling noises and a few incoherent words.

"Yo, Roe. Reign wit you?" Kaydence was now on the line and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Nigga you just got off the phone with her! Gimme this shit back!" Ramiro yelled at Kaydence in the background and I couldn't help but laugh. Reign and Kaydence were so cute, they absolutely hated being away from each other. As tough as Killah may seem, he holds a really soft spot for Reign and was a lowkey cry baby for her ass.

"Sorry bout that, ma." Ramiro was now back on the phone and my laughter died down.

"It's fine. What were you saying before we were so rudely interrupted?" I smiled like he could see me.

He chuckled and cleared his throat. "Uh well, I was gonna ask if you wanted to go out when I get back? Y'know, like on a date?"

I internally screamed. "Yes!"

Fuck I sounded way too excited.

"Aight, cool. I gotta go now but I'll call you again later."

"Okay, be safe."

Ramiro and I have had this weird friendship for so long. We always knew we wanted each other but Ramiro also loved chasing pussy. That side of him was a long time ago though and he's changed tremendously over the years. We weren't kids anymore and he's been showing me a lot of signs lately that he might be ready to give us a shot.

I've had my fair share of dicks or whatever but Ramiro was literally the only person I ever seen myself in a serious relationship with. We grew up together and he was Reign's brother. We knew everything about each other, we were comfortable around one another, and we made money together. He was my best friend and I wouldn't want anyone else as my lover.

-