seven

s h a n i a
[ chin ]

$

"Girl, I can't believe I'm bout to be 25! I feel old as fuck." I said while Monroe and I walked down the grocery aisles.

My birthday was in 3 days and I was planning a huge cookout at the house. Puff said he got me the perfect gift and I was really hoping that it would finally be an engagement ring.

I know Reign told me to be patient and to not expect marriage out of a man who may not be mentally ready for it, but damn. I really really wanted this. I've gone through hell and back with this man and I think it's time we take it to the next level of our relationship. I deserve to be his wife.

"Please don't tell me you invited Cameron's ugly ass. He gets on my fucking nerves." Monroe spat as she pushed the grocery cart. I giggled and threw the items I had in my hands inside the cart. "I didn't personally invite him but I invited Armani and you know he doesn't go anywhere without those boys." I replied.

Monroe eyed me up and down with a smirk on her face. "Mhm, guh head wit ya lil lowkey side boo."

"Who? Armani? Girl please!" I playfully waved her off. "I'm happily taken, c'mon now."

"Hm. You not fooling me, Chin. I see the way you look at him and that look is more than him just being fine as hell." Monroe stopped pushing the cart and gave me a look with a raised eyebrow.

Truth is, yes. I did have a small crush on Armani. He was so handsome and a real gentleman. He was a good man with a good paying job, always put himself together so well, and the mysteriousness and hidden thug in him that he only released on rare occasions was attractive as fuck. A thug-gentleman is what I like to call him.

I wouldn't do anything crazy with him that would mess up what I have with Puff though. Puff's the love of my life. But I don't know, it's like every time I'm around Armani, I go dumb. I can't stop staring at him and I damn near start drooling at the sight of the perfect masterpiece he calls a face.

I sighed and felt a sudden rush of guilt. I knew I was wrong for looking at another man this way. "He's just so perfect, Roe." I threw my head back and pouted like a little girl.

Monroe chuckled and started pushing the cart. "I'm not gon' say anything to anyone about this. I knew it, though. But I don't blame you. He's like every girl's dream man. I'm actually surprised he's still single."

She abruptly stopped the cart again and looked at me. "If you wasn't with Nathan, would you give Armani a shot?" Her question kinda caught me off guard and I had to think about it for a few moments.

"I-I don't know." I stumbled on my words and shrugged. "I've never pictured myself with anyone other than Puff, he's all I've ever known."

She nodded and continued walking.

"Mani looks like he got a big dick, though. I'd like to see it. Just a glimpse of it." She randomly said out of no where. My mouth dropped and I playfully hit her on her shoulder and started laughing.

"Girl you are something else. I would've expected you to say that about Ramiro." I side-eyed her with a smirk and wiggled my eyebrows. "Ain't got nothing to say now, huh?" I said as she blushed and remained silent.