thirty two

O M N I S C I E N T

$

"Kaydence Roy!" The guard exclaimed. Kaydence looked at him from his bed and stood up. "I'm right here. The fuck you always yelling for?" Kaydence responded.

The guard snickered and ignored him. He proceeded to unlock Kaydence's cell. "You got visitors." He said.

He lead Kaydence down to the visitation room and brought him to the table that Reign and Armani were seated at. A smile immediately formed on all three of their faces once they made eye contact.

"No touching." The guard said to them and backed away from the table. Kaydence rolled his eyes and sat down.

Reign cleared her throat and gulped. "So how long's your sentence?" She asked.

Kaydence let out a sigh and looked down. "35 to life." He responded.

Armani shook his head and rubbed his forehead. Reign's mouth slightly dropped as she tried to take in all the shit that brought the three of them to this very moment.

"I took the heat for Tremaine and Shania's murder-"

"W-What?" Reign whimpered with tears falling from her eyes. "No. Kaydence, why would you-"

"Because you worth doing time for." He looked into Reign's eyes. "Puff's death was gon' lead into a search for Shania. The feds would've eventually connected everything and found out who we all are and what we do for a living. I wasn't gonna let you, Monroe, Ramiro, or Armani go down for shit." He expressed.

Armani and Reign just sat there in disbelief of what Kaydence had done for not only them, but for everyone.

"One of us, if not all, was gon' eventually end up in here anyways. The fast life... the drug game... the money that came with it... the killing... all that shit wasn't gon' last forever, let's be real. But you guys got shit going for y'all selves now and I wasn't bout to sit there and watch that shit get thrown out the window." Kaydence glanced at Armani then back at Reign.

"Kaydence I-" Reign couldn't find the right words to say. She was speechless. All she wanted to do was jump across the table and give him a hug. Her feelings for Kaydence weren't as strong anymore now that her and Armani were working on what they had going on, but she did respect him for taking up everyone.

She took a deep breath and gave him a faint smile. "Thank you." She said softly as tears continued to roll down her face.

"I respect you alot man." Armani added. "That was some real nigga shit. You didn't even have to do that shit for me, especially. You know... since I stole yo girl and all..." He trailed jokingly and the three all shared a laugh. "But forreal man, thank you. Ima always respect you for this." He nodded.

"Look man, the only thing I want you to do is make her happy and rich, the right way." Kaydence stated and smiled.

He then looked at Reign, "and you..." he pointed at her. "Make all of us proud. Me, yo moms and pops, Ramiro, and Monroe. Go use yo brains and be the woman you was destined to be, mamas."

Reign chuckled and wiped her tears. "I gotchu." She smiled.

Kaydence nodded and signaled the guard to come get him. "Take care of yaselves." He got up and the guard gripped on to his arm as he lead Kaydence out.

"Oh yea- tell Ramiro if he don't name his kid after me, we not boys any more." Kaydence added as he walked backwards with the guard. "And send me pictures of y'alls kids when y'all have some!" He shouted before completely exiting the room.

Armani and Reign both laughed at Kaydence's headassery and got up from the table.

"Ready?" Armani asked and held his hand out for Reign. "Yes." She grinned and grabbed onto his hand.

The two walked out of the facility and headed back to Armani's car, now setting off to Reign's first day of university.

• the end •

-