twenty six

a r m a n i

$

A few days have gone by since Reign almost blew Kaydence's brains out. We left my crib and came up to a loft apartment that I also own in case of emergencies. I felt like staying here would be safer for the both of us right now.

She was still pretty down about what happened. She stayed quiet majority of the time and only spoke when she told me she was going out.

It was driving me nuts. I wanted to give her space and time to heal but I really missed the fun, energetic Reign I've gotten to know these past couple of months. I wanted to do something that would make her smile, even if was a half-assed smile. I didn't care. I just wanted to try to cheer her up.

I got up off the sofa bed and made my way up the stairs in the loft. Reign was laid out on her stomach while counting the money she had made earlier today. Her face had zero expression on it and her eyes didn't even bother to look my way.

"Get up." I demanded. Skillz and Chronic popped out of no where and sat down beside me. "Look. Even they tired of you moping around here. Get up Reign."

"Why?" She asked blandly while picking up another stack of money to count.

I walked over to her and took the money out her hand and placed it on the nightstand. "Because I said so. We goin' out."

She kissed her teeth and tried to grab the money but I quickly grabbed her hand. "Get up and let's go."

"Go where? If it doesn't involve getting money, then I ain't leaving." She snatched her hand out of mine.

"I'm takin' you shoppin'." I said with a smile.

She blankly stared at me before speaking. "For what? I have more than enough clothes."

I looked at her awkwardly and scratched the back of my neck. "Ain't that what women like when they mad?" I shrugged. She lightly giggled and cracked a soft smile causing me to smirk. "There we go. Aight so come on before the mall closes." I held out my hand.

She playfully rolled her eyes and grabbed on to my hand. We exited the loft and proceeded to make our way to the mall.

When we got there, I told her to get anything she wanted but the girl literally already owned every piece of clothing and kicks you could name. Shorty wasn't lying about having more than enough clothes.

"Aight well what about this shit right here." I pointed at a store that had a bunch of dresses and I guess more 'lady-like' clothing that she usually doesn't wear.

Reign screwed up her face and looked at me. "This ain't really my style, Mani."

I chuckled and held her hand. "Just look around. You might find something you like." I was really praying she would after all this walking.

After saying 'no' to a few options that I picked out for her, Reign finally landed her eyes on something and let go of my hand to go look for her size and take it off the rack. "Ima go try this on." She said and ran off to the dressing rooms.

I didn't even get to see what it looked like but I guess I was about to find out once she put it on. I walked to the dressing room area and sat down while I patiently waited for her to come out.