twenty one

r e i g n

$

"KEEP ON! WITH THE FORCE DONT STOP! DONT STOP TILL YOU GET ENOUGH!" I sang loudly as I danced around the house while Michael Jackson played on the record player.

"Come on Chronic! You gotta... KEEP ON! WITH THE FORCE DONT STOP!" I grabbed Chronic off the floor causing him to bark at me and jump out my hands.

I mean mugged him as he ran away. "Mean ass..."

I was in such a great mood. My visit to mom's house was a complete success. Of course I'm still saddened by the loss of my father, but being able to slowly rebuild my relationship with my mother after all these years was truly a blessing. She's still not fond of the lifestyle I live, but what mother would be? However, she's just glad that I keep myself safe and still have a good head on my shoulders. She lectured me about taking university or college into consideration and honestly, I'm not ready for all that just yet. But it's definitely something I promised to keep in mind.

The front door opened and slammed shut which startled me a bit. It was Kaydence who was now storming into the house. "Boy don't be slamming the door in my damn house!" I yelled playfully.

He completely ignored me and walked over to shut off the music.

"Sit down." He demanded with 'pissed the fuck off' written all over his handsome face.

I furrowed my eyebrows and made my way over to couch. "Uh.. did I do something? Fuck's wrong with you?"

He sat down next to me and gave me a stern look. "Stay away from Armani."

I grunted and rolled my eyes. "You still talking about this? I already said I wou-"

"No. I mean stay away from him, for good. 'Ion want you near him, talking to him, looking at him. Nothing. And stay away from his punk ass friends too."

What the fuck?

"Kaydence. What's up? You're not telling me something. What's going on?" I stood up in front of him and folded my arms.

He clenched his jaw and looked up at me. "He raped Shania. And you might be next."

I instantly twisted up my face. "Nigga are you stupid? That man ain't touch that girl c'mon-"

"I'm being serious, Reign!" He shouted and quickly got up from the couch.

I backed up and let my arms down. "H-how do you know? When did that happen?" I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Armani wouldn't do that... would he?

"The day y'all went to Six Flags. Apparently he tried to kiss her after her birthday party too."

"What? Nah." I shook my head in disbelief. "He wouldn't do that, I just know it. He doesn't even like Chin."

"The same way he doesn't like you right?" He shot back at me.

I gave him a look and eyed him up and down. "What the fuck is that supposed to mean?"

"It means stay the fuck away from him, Reign. 'Ion even know why you defending him so much. You fucking him or something?!" He raised his voice.

Hold up. Now I know-... yea see, no.

"I should really fuck you up for asking me some stupid shit like that. The fuck's gotten into you?! You've never questioned my loyalty because I've never given you a reason to-"

"Well you giving me a reason right now."

I'm bout to kill him.

"Fuck you Kaydence."
I spat at him and turned around. I couldn't believe this nigga right now. It's like he's become a whole different person and I'm really not feeling it. Since when did he become so fucking insecure about other niggas wanting me? He knows me. He knows I'd never hurt him. He knows I'd kill any nigga my damn self if they'd ever try to lay a finger on me. I'm with all the shits.

But this shit right here? This isn't making any fucking sense. Armani raping Shania? That doesn't even sound right coming out my mouth.

"Whatever, just stay away from the nigga." He said causing me to stop in my tracks and quickly turn back around. "Or else what?!" I shouted back at him.

He snickered and gave me a side grin. "Don't worry bout it, mamas. The situation's already gon' be dealt with before it even starts." He grimaced and brushed past me. "I'm going out with Ramiro. I'll be back later." He stated and exited the house.

I paced back and forth in that same spot for about 5 minutes, trying to think hard enough to remember if I ever spotted any creepy vibes from Armani towards Chin. Nothing was coming to me.

Until...

"She got her period. Armani took her to get some  tampons."

"Oh, ok."

I gasped and bolted upstairs to my bedroom. I picked up the phone and dialed Monroe's number.

"Hello?"

"Roe, girrrrrl you better tell me something!"

"Huh? What's wrong?"

"Is there something going on between Armani and Chin?"

"........"

"......."

"......."

"Monroe!"

"Uh- I don't-"

"Girl stop fucking playing with me. Kaydence n'nem are plotting a hit on Armani and I need to know what the fuck is up!"

"What- shit! Aight listen. Chin kissed Armani after her party."

"What the hell? They think he kissed her."

"No Reign. She kissed him. She told me when I went to pick up my car at her place the next day. She was proud as fuck for doing it too."

I scrunched up my face as I chewed on my bottom lip.

This is a fucking mess.

"Girl, listen. Kaydence just stormed up in here talking about how Armani raped her."

"WHAT?!"

"That's what I said. Something's up with her, Roe. Armani wouldn't do that shit, I just know he wouldn't."

"So what you saying, Reign? You think... you think she might be—"

"Fuck! It's a set up!"
I hung up the phone without saying another word and quickly put my shit on and ran out the house.

I hopped in my car, and even though Killah just told me to stay away from the nigga, I had to go get the truth from the main person himself. And also warn him of the chaos that's coming his way.

-