twenty two

a r m a n i

$

I was busy working on some shit for work when my dog Skillz, started barking loudly at the door, indicating that someone was pulling up. I wasn't expecting any company so I was a bit caught off guard, nor did I look presentable. I was sitting here in a wife beater, grey sweatpants, a gold chain, and my reading glasses. My hair was a mess also. I haven't had time to get it twisted in a minute so it was just there.

I sighed and kissed my teeth once I heard the doorbell ring. I pushed my glasses up the bridge of my nose and got up from the dining table. I swiftly grabbed on to Skillz's collar to back him away from the door and get him to stop barking. "Shut up man. Sit!" I demanded and he immediately sat down.

I still held his collar in my grip, knowing that he was still gonna run up to whoever was out there. I unlocked the door with my free hand and slightly cracked it open.

"Reign?" I furrowed my eyebrows as I peeked through the open space. She's only ever been to my crib once and that was only when she came to drop off some weed for Cameron when he was visiting one time. She didn't even come inside, she stayed in her car. I was actually surprised she still remembered my address.

"Hey. I know this is an extremely random pop up but I needa talk to you. It's an emergency." She said with a worried expression.

I gulped down my saliva and instantly felt myself getting nervous.

Fuck man. Why the fuck does this always happen?

"Yea sure, come in." I opened up the door and Skillz suddenly tried to fight his way out my hand.

"Woah!" Reign jumped at Skillz barking and trying to run to her. "He's a pitbull?!" She asked in shock.

I chuckled awkwardly. "Yea." I responded and scratched the back of neck. "Ima go put him in his cage."

"No." She said, stopping me in my tracks. She approached us and squatted down to Skillz's level and smiled. "Hi baby. I'm Reign, a friend of Armani's." She rubbed Skillz's head and cooed at him like he was a child.

I snickered and licked my lips. "I knew he would like you." I said and released Skillz once he was relaxed.

"Sorry I don't look presentable right now. If I knew you were coming, I woulda fixed myself up." I said and made my way into the living room.

She stood back up and followed behind. "You look fine, Mani." She softly chuckled and sat down on the couch.

Wow, she said I look fine.—Now is not the time to be blushing nigga.

"Your house is really nice. And I never knew you wore glasses." She nodded her head at me.

"Oh- thanks. And I only wear these when I got a lot of paperwork and shit to fill out for work." I explained and removed my glasses.

"Well I think they look nice you." She complimented me with a smile.

She gotta stop doing this man.