Chapter Seven

There in the impala, on there way to black water ridge. Dean is attempting to have a conversation with Liddy. "Since sammy is sleeping, tell me honestly. Which stuffy do you like best?" Dean ask's, glancing at her in the mirror. He see's her hold up both and stare at them. Liddy looks at both then tries giving each a cuddle. The moose is new and still has the tag on so it'd a little scratchy.

She holds up the dragon to show dean her pick. "Words Bub. Can you tell me?" He says encouraging her to speak more. "Dis one" she says still holding it up. "Do you remember what we told you it's called?". She stares at it hard "ahhhhh....rraawwrrr... hehehe". Dean can't help but laugh "no Liddy, that's the sound it makes. Can you tell me what it's called?" He tries again.

After a few minutes of her staring at it and refusing dean's help when he offered, she thinks she remembered "Dogon?" She looks towards dean unsure. "Very close. Do you want to try again?". She nods vigorously, determined to get it right herself. Dean smiles knowing that the stubborn, hard dreaded Winchester in her is very obvious.

Liddy confuses to stare at her stuffy. She knows she was close. Before she can answer, sam jumps up waking with a start. This made Liddy jump. "Meme ok?" She asks. Sam looks back at her with a small smile. "Yeah bubs I'm ok." Sam faces forward again. Dean is watching him out the corner of his eye.

Sam rubs at his eyes. Dean being a little worried for his younger brother speaks up " I know you told her your ok. It are you really?" Sam not wanting to say otherwise "yeah I'm fine." Dean not being convinced "another night mare?". Sam clears his throat. Dean thinks for a few minutes "wanna drive for a while?" Sam looks at him slightly amused "Dean your hole life you've never once asked me that." Dean feeling uncomfortable "just thought you might want too, but never mind."

Sam realised his reaction was a little weird "look man, your worried about me and I get it. Thank you but I'm perfectly ok." Dean doesn't really believe him. Dean looks back to see Liddy still concentrating on her stuffy, trying to remember what it's called. He smirked a little..stubborn Winchester through and through.

Sam picks up the map I front of him "Alright, where are we?" Dean answered "we are just outside of grand junction." Sam folds the map looking at how far they are. He takes a deep breath "you know what, maybe we shouldn't have Left Stanford so soon." Dean was slightly annoyed but did t want to show it "sam, we dug around there for a week and we came up with nothing. If you want to find the thing that killed Jessica" Sam cut him off "we've got to find dad first." Liddy heard Sam and stared at him sad "bad monster". Dean looked at her. "I know Bub. Have you figured out what it's called yet?" This caught her attention and she got a stubborn look on her face and went back to staring at the stuffy.

Sam looked at her then at dean weird. He mouthed "what is she doing?". Dean moths back "tell you later." Sam goes back to looking a head. He sighed deeply. "Dad disappearing and this thing showing up again after 20 years.. it's no coincidence. Dad will have answers. He'll know what to do." Sam was staring at the map "it's weird man. The coordinance he left us. This black water ridge." Dean looks at sam for a second "what about it?" "There's nothing there. It's just woods. Why's he sending us to the middle of nowhere.

Liddy finally thinks she remembered so she chose this moment to yell it out breaking the boys conversation "DWAGON!!" Dean looked at her in the mirror while sam turns to face her. "Yeah bubs. That's right it's a dragon. And remember what you just said the dragon sound was?" Dean said keeping her talking. She thought for a second before putting her hands up like claws "RAWR!" All three Winchester's start laughing....

...

They drove up to the ranger station. The boys both got out a looked around them, watching few families walk around and talking to rangers. Cars loaded with camping gear. Dean opened the back door to get Liddy out. He puts her down and hands her, her dragon stuffy. She clings to it and looks around. Everything was so interesting to her.