Chapter Thirty Seven

Sam was sitting outside reading a news paper with Liddy fast asleep on his chest. He was reading an artical called local death, medical mystery. Because of the loud music and people talking, Liddy would start to wake up a little bit, but Sam would just pat him back soothingly and she was easily fall back to sleep.

He looked up right as dean came out, waving a stack of cashing while smiling like an idiot. Sam sighed "you know, we could get day jobs once in a while." Dean replied smartly "huntings out day job. And the pay is crap." Sam shook his head "yeah but hustling pool? Credit card scams? Not the most honest thing in the world Dean. Not the best example for Liddy either."

Dean had to be a smart arse "hmm now let's see... honest.... fun and easy?" He held up his hands like weighing his options. "It's no contest. Besides, we're good at it. It's what we were raised to do. And as soon as she's able, Liddy will learn just like us. She will beat them so bad when they underestimate her cute little face." Sam shook his head "yeah well, how we raised was jacked." Dean snarked back "say's you... we got a new gig or what?" He asked as he counted the money.

Sam looked back at the news paper "maybe. Oasis plains, Oklahoma. Not far from here. A gas company employee. Dustin Burwash supposedly died from creutzfeidt-Jakob." Dean raised an eye brow "huh?" Sam smirked "human mad cow disease." Dean pulled a face "mad cow? Wasn't that on Oprah?" Sam looked at him strange "you watch Oprah?"

Dean froze at being caught "uhh.. Liddy loves it for some strange reason...... so.... this guy eats a bad burger. Why is it our kind of thing?" Sam looked back down at the news paper as dean leans frowards and picks up a sleeping Liddy. "Mad cow disease causes massive brain degeneration. It takes months, even years from the damage to appear. But this guy Dustin, sounds like his brain disintegrated in about an hour. Maybe less." Dean nodded while cradling Liddy "ok, that's weird."

Sam nodded "yeah.  Now, it could be a disease. Or it could be something much nastier." Dean noded and started walking towards the back of the car to put Liddy in her car seat "alright. Oklahoma. Man.... work, work work. No time to spend my money." Sam shook his head "don't worry, she'll spend it for you." Dean smirked realised Sam was pretty right since they were due to buy more of her snack foods. They got in and drove off towards Oklahoma.

...

They arrived at the gas company. Liddy stayed back in the car as Sam and dean approached who they think was who they where looking for. Sam called out "Travis weaver?" The man stopped and looked back at them "yeah, that's right." Dean questions "are you the Travis who worked with uncle dusty?" Travis looked at them strange "Dustin never mentioned nephews." Sam tried not to laugh as dean tried to cover his tracks "really? Well, he sure mentioned you. He said you were the greatest." Sam nodded "yeah."

Travis smiled "oh, he did?" Dean started asking "listen, we wanted to ask you, what exactly happened out there?" Travis shrugged "I'm not sure. He fell in a sink hole. I went to the truck to get some rope...and uhhh.... and by the time I got back...." dean pushed "what did you see?" Travis shook his head again "nothing. Just Dustin." Sam questions "no wounds or anything?"

Travis explain "well, he was bleeding from his eyes and his ears, his now. That's it." Dean was confused "so you think it could be this whole mad cow thing?" Travis shrugged "I don't know. That's what the doctors are saying." Sam asked "but if it was, he would've acted strange beforehand... like dementia, loss of motor control. You ever notice anything like that?" Travis shook his head "no. No way. But then if it wasn't some disease, what the hell was it?"

Dean noded "that's a good question." Sam cut in "you know, can you tell us where this happened?" Travis nodded "yeah, it's in the new housing development." He then explained exactly where it happened. The boys didn't waste time and got back to the car to head to the scene.