Chapter Twelve

Dean is laying down on his bed with Liddy draped across his chest playing with his necklace. " you like it Bub? Sammy gave it to me. Maybe we'll be able to get you one just like it." He runs his fingers through her hair "daddy too?" Dean smiled sadly "yeah...ah...we'll try to get one for him too." At this she smiles then turns her head quickly hearing Sam come threw the door.

Dean sits up with his arms around her so she doesn't fall off. Sam looks at them then says " so I think it's safe to say we can rule out nessy." Sam sits down beside dean and Liddy. Liddy looks at Sam confused and points over at her dragon stuffy. Sam shakes his head "that's not nessy."

Dean shakes his head "what do you mean?" Sam looks up at him "I just drove past the Carlton house, there was an ambulance there. Will Carlton is dead." Dean questions "he drowned?" Sam nods "yep, in the sink." Dean gets confused "what the hell. So your right..this isn't a creature, we're dealing with something else."

Sam nods "yeah, but what." Dean thinks "I don't know. A water rayf maybe. Some kind of demon. It's something that controls water..... water that comes from the same source." Sam realises what dean is talking about "the lake... which would explain why it's upping the body count. The lake is draining, it'll be dry in a few months. What ever this thing is, what ever it wants.... it's running out of time."

Dean turns his head back to sam " and if it can get through the pipes, it can get to anyone. Almost anywhere. This is gonna happen again, soon." Dean gets up and walks over to the coffee table and puts Liddy down to wonder. "And we do know one other thing. This has got something to do with bill Carlton" dean nodded while putting on his boots "yeah it took both his kids."

"Yeah I've been asking around, lucas's dad Chris... Bill carlton's god son." Dean looks at him surprised. He stands up "let's go pay me Carlton a visit." He quickly picks Liddy up but doesn't bother putting her shoes on since she's in a onesie anyway "and another thing, until we get this thing, spunge baths only for you little miss." Liddy giggles thinking it sounded like fun. Sam couldn't hold in his laugh as he followed them out to the car.

...

The pulled out out the front of the Carlton house and could see Bill Carlton was down on the dock. Dean and Sam looked at each other then back at Liddy. "Ok bubs, you stay right here. I don't want to take you near the lake. Here had a drink and play with your dragon" dean says handing her, her sippy cup and stuffed dragon. "We'll be right back." Sam says as he tickles her foot a little getting a giggle from her before they left the car.

The boys walked down the dock towards bill, dean taking a quick glance back at the car before they reached him. Sam speaks first "mr Carlton?" Bill looks up at the boys completely broken. Sam continues "we'd like to ask you a few questions... if you don't mind" Sam was trying to be gentle but dean jumps in "we've from the department.."

Before dean could finish, bill cuts him off "I don't care who your with. I've answered enough questions today." Sam watch's him for a few seconds before asking anyway "you son said he saw something in that lake. What about you? You ever see anything out there?.... me Carlton Sophie's drowning and will's death, we think there might be a connection to you or your family."

Bill cuts him off " my children are gone...it's..... it's worse then dying.... go away....please...." the boys gently back off and make there way back to the car. Dean looks in the back seat quickly seeing Liddy playing with her dragon before he and Sam start discussing things "what do you think?" Sam ask's him.

Dean sighs "I think the poor guy's been through hell. I also think he's not telling us something" Sam leans against the other side of the car "so now what?" Dean turns around thinking suddenly something clicks. He pulls out the drawing Lucas has given him "huh... maybe bill's not the only one who knows something." Sam can see the picture is a match to the Carlton house, even the red roof. Thye quickly get in the car and head off to see if they can talk to Lucas again.