Chapter Eight

Sam and dean are sitting at a table in the bar. Liddy is looking wide eyed at everything around her. She's never been anywhere like this before. Her dad and dean always took turns watching her while the other went for a drink. She saw something on the table that looked yummy. She leaned forward trying to grab a bowl of nuts. Dean noticed and grabbed her hands "no Lydia. You don't touch that." Sam watched dean telling her no and grabbed the bowl moving it off there table.

Sam sat back down "so, black water ridge doesn't get a lot of traffic, local campers mostly. But still this passed April, two hikers went missing out there they were never found." Dean bounces Liddy on his knee as he watch's sam pull stuff out "any before that?". Sam looks at the information before him "Yeah, in 1982, 8 different people all vanished in the same year. The athurities say it was a grizzly attack. And again in 1959, and again before that in 1936. Every 23 years. Just like clock work."

Sam pulls his laptop out and turns it towards dean. Liddy stares at the scream as well not really understanding what there talking about. "Ok, what this. Here's the clencher. I downloaded that guy tommy's video. Check this out." Sam plays the video then stops it to manually go through a few seconds. "Do That again" dean asks when he thinks he saw something. Sam plays it again. Liddy points and whispers "monster". Sam smiles at her paying attention. "That's three frames. It's a fraction of a second. What ever that thing is, it can move.

Dean smacks Sam "told you something was going on. Liddy copped and smacked Sam's hand that was near her "Yeah, me too" dean tried to hide his laugh at Sam's shocked face. He shakes his head and continues "Yeah, I got one more thing. In 59, one camper survived the supposed grizzly attack. Just a kid. Barely crawled out of the woods alive." Dean nods looking at the articles "there a name?". Sam nods.

Instead of ordering anything, they got up and left. Liddy gave dean a sad pout. "No pie?" Dean laughed "not yet Bub. I promise we can get some later. You were very good with the quiet game before." Liddy claps her hands "yay". Dean smiles at how much she is like him. If it wasn't for her age they could have been twins. Dean put her In her car seat before jumping in the drivers seat. Sam on his laptop looking for an address. "Got it". They drove off to the survivors residence.

...

They pulled up the front. It's starting to get late. Dean looks in the back to Liddy who is out like a light. Dean signals for sam to be quiet. He makes sure he blanket is tightly around her and her stuffies are secure in her arms. He grabs the baby monitors and turns them on. Dean and Sam quietly get out and dean puts the monitor in his pocket. Sam comes up beside him "you sure? What if she wakes up?" Dean looks at him like he's dumb "Dude that's what the baby monitor is for. If she wakes up one of us can come back out. She fine."

They make there way to the front door and knock. A grump man answers. A few seconds later there walking into his living room. "Look ranger, I don't know why asking me about this. It's public record. I was a kid. My parents got mauled by a.." sam cut's in "grizzly? That's what attacked them?" This shocks the old man. The man turns to face the boys. Dean steps forward "the other people that went missing that year, those bear attacks too? What about the people that went missing this year, that the same thing? If we knew what we were dealing with we might be able to stop it."

The man looks at them like he doesn't believe them "I seriously doubt that. Anyways, I don't see what difference it would make. You wouldn't believe me. Nobody ever did." The old man sat down and stared off. Sam walked towards him "Mr Shaw, what did you see?". Mr Shaw starred stars the boys "nothing. It moved too fast to see. It hid to well. I herd it though. A rawr. Like no man or animal I've ever heard."

"It came at night?" Mr Shaw nodded to Sam's question. "It got inside your tent?" Sam asked. Mr Shaw shook his head "it got inside our cabin. I was sleeping in front of the fire place when it came in. It didn't smash a window or break the door. It unlocked it. "This scared dean. He checked the baby monitor in his pocket to be double sure it was on since they haven't heard anything. The man continued "you know of a bear that could do something like that? I didn't even wake up till I heard my parents screaming". Sam asked "it killed them?" The man shook his head again "dragged them off into the night. Why it left me alive, been asking myself ever since. It did leave me This though." He pulled his shirt aside to show the scar of 4 large slices through his shoulder.