Chapter Thirteen

As the drive down the road on there way to the Carlton house the try to discuss all the details "Peter Sweeney vanishes and this is all connected to bill Carlton." Sam starts. " yeah bill sure as hell seem to be hiding something huh?" Dean says as he quickly glasses in the rear view mirror to see liddy's head bobbing up and down as she tries to fight sleeping.

"Bill, the people he loves are being punished." Sam continues. Dean thinks "bill did something to Peter" Sam elaborated "what if Bill killed him?" Dean nods "then peters spirit would be furious. It'd want revenge. It's possible."

They pulled up to the Carlton house, dean looked back to see liddy completely asleep so they leave her in the car. The brothers look around and it almost seems like no one was here. As they start to walk around to see if he was down at the dock, they hear the sound of a boat. They see bill driving a boat out into the lake.

They both take off running for the dock yelling "turn the boat around! Come back! It's dangerous!" They continue yelling and he looked back at them but kept going. The boys flinched when a sudden force hit the boat from underneath. The boat flip high into the air and sending bill Carlton crashing down into the water. The boys stood there waiting but he never resurfaced.

...

Addy got stored awake by being picked up. She tried snuggling into who ever it was. They patted her on the back trying to keep her from fully waking as the walked.

Sam and dean walked into the sheriffs office, dean holding a sleeping Liddy. They saw Andrea and Lucas sitting in the office waiting as the sheriff walked in behind them. Andrea stood up "Sam dean I didn't expect to see you here."

The sheriff walked passed the boys and spoke to Andrea "so now your on the first name bases? What are you doing here?" He asked her. Andrea replies "I brought you dinner" the sheriff looked at what she brought "oh I'm sorry sweet heart. I don't really have the time."

Andrea looked at the boys and then back at her dad "I herd about bill Carlton. Is it true? Is something going on with the lake?" He looked back at her then over his shoulder "right now we don't know what the truth is."

Dean looked over at Lucas and noticed he seems scared and erratic. All of a sudden Lucas threw himself over to dean and started yanking on his arm in panic. The jolting caused Liddy to wake up. She started to cry as dean bent down trying to figure out what Lucas wanted and deal with her crying.

Sam tried to take Liddy but she had a death grip on dean. "Lucas hey what is it? Lucas it's ok, it's ok hey it's ok." Andrea grande hold of Lucas and she took him outside. Dean stood up watching them leave. Once they were out the door he tried to calm Liddy down "shush it's ok. I know you got woken up. It's ok now. Just go back to sleep Bub."

She whined in frustration hiding her face into deans neck. He rubbed her back soothingly as they followed the sheriff into his office. He seemed extremely frustrated. Then started asking the boys questions as they took seats. Dean trying to bounce Liddy back to sleep while paying attention.

"Ok just so we're clear, you see ..... something attack bills boat. Sending bill, who is a very good swimmer by the way, into the drink and you never see him again." Dean looked at Sam then nodded "yeah, that about sums it up."

The sheriff cuts him off " and I'm supposed to just believe this, even though I've already sonar swept the entire lake. And what your describing is impossible... and your not really wild life service"

Dean and Sam a shocked to be caught out. "That's right, i checked. The departments never herd of you two." Dean tries to cover there asses "see, I can explain that." But he gets cut off again "oh please. The only reason your breathing free air is one of bills neighbours saw him stealing out him boat just before you did. So we have a couple of options here. I can either arrest you for impersonating government officials and hold you as material witnesses to bill carltons disappearance, and sending the little miss into foster care where you will never for the rest of your life and hers, ever see her or speak to her again. Orrr we can chalk this up to a bad day. You get into your car and put this town in your rear view mirror and you don't ever darken my door step again!"