1

y/n's pov

"hey, you ready for me show you your new apartment?" kairi asks me.

kairi and i have been friends since the beginning of high school until now, freshmen at college. i didnt want to get a dorm room at my college because i didnt want to deal with a roommate-- i needed my privacy. kairi was kind enough to show me an apartment that was only 10 minutes away from where i was attending school and he says it's nice too.

"ready," i smile as we walking into the building. "this place is nice." i look around and noticed that it was super clean and modern. i knew the rent on this place was going to be a bit high, but with my job, i'm sure i can manage.

it involved being a waitress, except i had to be a little bit flirty and wear some revealing clothes. gotta go what you gotta do, plus it pays well.

"here's your key," the front desk worker said.

"thanks." i grab the key and kairi and i walk to the elevator with my suitcase.

"oh by the way, one of my friends live here too," kairi tells me as we reach my floor. "i've never been to his room though--he's never invited me."

"which friend?" i ask, walking up to my room.

"uh mattia polibio."

"you've never told me about him before." i put the key into the keyhole and unlock my room. "wow i love it already. thank you kai."

"you owe me now," he teases. "and yeah i never brought up mattia cause we lived all the way in down town and he lived up here. but since we've moved for college..."

"speaking of college... we start in less than 2 weeks," i remind him.

"woohoo," he says effortlessly. "hopefully you and mattia get to meet soon, i think he's busy right now so i dont wanna disturb him."

"yeah sounds good." i give kairi a hug before saying goodbye. "see you."

"see you."

-

it was around midnight i started craving something salty. i grabbed a one dollar bill and went to the vending machine down the hall. a girl exited the room and bumped into me roughly.

"fuck, my bad," i said.

"watch where you're going," she snaps.

"excuse me?"

"i said watch. where. you're. going." she repeats.

"oh calm down you two," a man in the doorway cuts in.

the girl turns away from me and walks up to him and they start making out. i roll my eyes-- i just wanted chips.

i walk up to the vending machine and got funyuns. as walk back to my room, i pass by the man again who was still at his doorway but didnt see the girl.

"never seen you here before," he says.

"i just moved in today," i answer. "where's your girlfriend?"

"she's not my girlfriend-- she's just a friend."

"you sleep with all of your friends?" i ask.

"only the hot ones."

"right." i walk into my room and close my door.

a few minutes later, loud music erupted next door. i groan in frustration and walk out of my room and knock on the guy's door.

"yes?" he asks.

"i love a boogie, but can you keep it down?" i say.

"uh let me think about it-- no," he smiles.

"everyone i've met here so far are dicks," i mumble looking up.

"get over it sweetheart." he slams the door shut making me jump a little.

asshole.