7

y/n's pov

mike. my abusive ex boyfriend. didn't take me that long to get over it because i didn't love him. not the way i thought i did. he was manipulative and selfish but still, the things he did and said to me hurt.

"i don't wanna keep running every time i see him jade. i'm tired of it. i don't wanna let him walk all over me anymore," i tell her.

"i just don't think it's a good idea to be here," she whispers.

"is everything okay?" derek asks me. "who's this mike guy."

"no one," i lie. "uhm will you excuse me?"

derek nods and i walk away with jade.

"jade we can't keep letting out past get to us," i say. "go have fun— don't worry about me."

"if he gets anywhere near you-"

"he won't," i assure her. "and i can handle mike now. ive changed." jade still looks unsure. "look." i turn her around. "there's a hot guy staring at you— go dance with him."

"but-"

"nuh uh." i push her. "go dance."

jade gives me a small smile but then finally walks up to him.

mattia's pov

i eavesdropped a little on jade and y/n's conversation. whoever mike is, made her a little bit scared— i could see it on her face.

"i'm gonna go find kairi and alejandro," i tell miah.

"i'll come with."

"no." i stop her.

she frowns as i walk to the beer pong table where kairi and alejandro were playing.

"hey guys," i say to them.

"sup mattia," kairi smiles. "how's miah?"

"annoying and clingy," i answer. "but uh i have to ask you guys something."

"what is it?" ale answers as he throws the ping pong ball into a cup. "oh shit did you guys see that shot i just made?"

"whos mike?" i ask them.

kairi and alejandro look at me confused. "i give up, who's mike?" kairi laughs.

"i'm serious, jade told y/n that 'mike' was here and they both seemed a little bit freaked," i said.

as soon as i mentioned y/n, their eyes widen.

"he's here?" alejandro shouts. "where is he? i'll show that fucker what's up."

"ale dont," kairi places his hand on his chest to refrain him. "y/n's moved on. we should too."

alejandro still didn't calm down. "i've waited to so long to get my hands on him kai— you know that."

i've never seen alejandro this angry before. "will someone just tell me who the fuck this guy is?"

kairi sighs and turns to me. "he was in a long term relationship with y/n but we found out he was abusive. i didn't know until one day i accidentally walked in on her changing and saw all bruises on her body."

i got a little sad. how could anyone wanna hurt a girl like her? "oh." was all i could say.

"we should look for her," alejandro suggests. "see if she's okay."

kairi nods.

"i'll come with you guys," i say.

y/n's pov

i went to dereks balcony and looked out the view with a drink in my hand. you could see the city from here and all the lights.

"hey," a voice says approaching me.

i turn around and saw who it was. "mike.. what do you want?"

"i've missed you."

"you miss hitting me and pushing me around. two different things," i snap.

"i didn't mean that baby. i had a temper that i couldn't control— but i swear i'm better now," he replies.

"you ruined me," i growl.

"i'm sorry. i love you— you know i love you."

"no i don't. please leave," i ordered.

mike got really close to me and put his hand on my waist. "please give me another chance."

"you don't deserve it."

i push him off and take a big gulp of my drink. my eyes clench together from a big headache i felt all of a sudden.

"what- what did you do," i ask him as i lost my balance.

"you're happier with me— let me take you back to my home so we can talk it out," he grabs me.

"did you slip something into my drink?" i shout.

"shh shh don't talk," mike whispers. "let's just get out of here."

.