13

y/n's pov

there was a lot to think about and i didnt wanna think right now. i go inside my apartment and lay down on the couch. 

knock knock

"it's unlocked," i shout. 

the door slowly opens and mattia walks in, not maintaining eye contact. 

i close my eyes and sigh, "i'm too tired for this right now, can we please just argue tomorrow?"

"i dont plan on arguing with you," he mumbles.

"you're drunk. we can discuss this tomorrow."

"i'm sorry tonight," he says, taking a seat next to me. "i let my anger get the best of me. i just wanted to make him mad."

"what provoked you?" i ask. 

he stares at the floor for a couple seconds. "he said-- he said i'd never have your respect." my face softens. "and i dont know... i just got mad."

"i didnt know you cared so much about what i thought."

"i dont," he says quickly. "but i was drunk and i lost control." i nod my head slowly. "i'm sorry.'

"it's okay, i forgive you." i give him a weak smile.

"is evan super mad?" mattia asks. 

"he told me how to fix it," i tell him. 

"oh that's great," he smiles. "so what do you have to do?"

"he wants me to move in with him... so that i dont have to live right next to you."

his smile fades. "oh.."

"yeah."

"are you gonna... move in with him?" 

"i dont want to," i answer. "we barely started dating-- it's too soon."

his tense body relaxes as soon as i said that. "good. i mean if that's what you want. what did evan say?"

"i didnt tell him yet," i say. "i told him i'd think about it."

"i'll tell him myself that i wont try anything with you-- i promise," he said sincerely. 

i wasnt sure if that was what i wanted though. "thank you, i appreciate that." mattia nods. "can i asking you something?"

"yeah what is it?" he asks. 

"why did you sleep with me?"

he gulps. "i dont know to be honest. i just knew in that moment i wanted you-- and only you." i would be lying if i said that didnt make me feel anything. "you dont have to admit it but i know you're attracted to me."

"i- i dont know what you're talking about," i lie. 

"why else would you have slept with me," he smiles. 

"i was horny and you just happen to be there," i answer. 

mattia chuckles and rolls his eyes. "uh huh yeah. it's fine i get it."

it's true. i am attracted to him, maybe more than i thought. "you're not wrong."

"what was that?" he says. 

"i said you're not wrong," i reply more loudly.

mattia's pov

the minute she said that i felt something stir inside me. i want her. and the fact that evan has her instead of me made me upset but if he's who she wants to be with then fine. 

"i'm gonna go back to my room," i tell her, standing up. "thank you for not being mad a me."

"it's whatever," she chuckles as follows me to the door and looks at me. "evan's wrong. you do have my respect. goodnight mattia."

i smile. "good night y/n."

the next day... 

after school

right after school i ordered a taxi to the club evan works at to talk to him about y/n. when i walk in i saw him talking to the waiters in the middle of the room. 

"evan," i catch his attention.

he looks at me and then excuses himself from the waiter, making his way towards me. 

"mattia," he sighs. "what can i do for you?"

"i came to apologize." i let a deep breath out. "i didnt mean to lose my temper with you and i'm sorry for punching you."

"thanks, i appreciate it," he nods. 

"i wont go near y/n in that way, i promise," i tell him. "you dont have anything to worry about."

"temptation is a hard thing," evan replies. "i dont know man."

"i swear i wont go near her okay? i mean we're in the same friend group but that's exactly how i'll treat her. like a friend," i assure him. "give her a chance."

he stares at me a for a little bit but then finally nods. "okay. i believe you."

i give him a small smile and head towards the exit. "and evan?"

"yeah."

"treat her well bro, she deserves it."

"i will," he answers. 

so i actually did have a chance to write yay