21

y/n's pov

"good morning," mattia said happily.

"someone's in a good mood," i smile as i sit up. 

"why wouldn't i be a good mood?" he wraps his arm around my waist pulling me back. "can we just skip school and stay here?"

"i wish but no," i frown. "i actually have an interview today after school."

"oh i didnt know that. for what?"

"it's basically for an intern/assistant position for this really good business man," i explain. "you might know him uh Colton Greyson?"

"oh shit, you scored an interview with him? he's super successful how'd you even get a meeting with him?" matti asks.

"evan knew him so he hooked me up," i sigh. "at least one good thing came out of that situation."

"i'm sure you'll get that position." mattia kisses the crook of my neck.

"no hickeys-- i got that interview."

"let him know you're spoken for," he mumbles through the kiss.

"mattia it's unprofessional."

he lifts his head up and pecks me on the lips. "okay i'm gonna go to my room and get ready."

"i'll see you soon." 

i was thinking about it and i honestly wanted to save up for car. i had a lot in my savings and i just needed a couple thousand more so maybe if i get the job it'll pay well. 

-

mattia and i decided to go to school together since we no longer hated each other. we ran into kairi, alejandro, and jade by the lockers. 

"hey lovebirds," kairi chuckles. 

"since when?" alejandro asks. "i mean at least we know mattia isnt a psychopath."

"or a stalker," jade adds. "so are you guys like together together?"

"uhh," i think. 

"not yet," mattia answers for me. "but we're getting there." 

"so who else saw this coming?" jade asks as she raises her hand. alejandro and kairi copies her actions. 

"okay okay," i roll my eyes. "let's get to class." 

-

mattia's pov

i was on my way to third period when someone pulled me around the corner.

"woah." 

miah smiles at me. "why haven't you gotten back to me? i've missed you." 

she leans in for a kiss but then i stop her. "uh yeah i'm sorry i've just been super busy." i swallow my salvia. "listen, i don't think we're gonna work out."

"stop playing." miah grabs my head and starts kissing my neck.

"no i'm serious." i gently push her off, but she gripped onto me so hard. 

"it's only been a week though," she replies quietly. 

i move my head further away from her. "i'm sorry but i hope you find someone."

"no i'm not letting you break up with me."

my mouth drops slightly. "i'm sorry what? you... can't force me to stay with you," i chuckle, thinking she was only joking. 

"what's.. going on?"

i look to the side and see y/n staring at us with her arms crossed. 

"can you go somewhere else we're in the middle of something," miah snaps and tries to kiss me again. 

y/n gives a fake smile. "right, sure thing."

"no," i raise my voice. "i was just breaking up with her."

"what're you talking about? you just made plans tonight for us," said miah. 

"what the fuck are you talking about?" i yell. "y/n i swear she's lying."

"i'm gonna be late for class," y/n ignores my statement. "i'll see you later." 

"wait-" i try and stop her but she walks off. "miah are you fucking crazy?"

"don't tell me she's the reason you wanna end things," she uttered. 

i roll my eyes. "if you create any problems for us, i will make your life hell. you better hope y/n isn't mad at me or things won't look so good for you."

miah gulps a little bit. "look at you, standing up to me. it's cute you know? but i wouldn't threaten me of all people."

i glare at her and watch her walk away. 

.