12

y/n's pov

after school

"we should all go out tonight," kairi suggest. "you, me, alejandro, mattia, and jade."

i unlock my apartment door and the both of us head inside.

"yeah im down," i agree. "where?"

"your work place," kairi answers. "maybe put in some few drinks on the house you know."

"kai, we're not 21," i remind him.

"so? never stopped us before and your new boyfriend is the boss so..."

i roll my eyes and smile. "always getting me into fucking trouble huh?"

"but you love me like that."

"but i love you like that," i confirm. "hey uh.. can i tell you something?"

"no," he teases and i glare at him. "kidding, what is it?"

"i'm only telling you this because you're my best friend and he's your best friend too."

"he?" kairi says confused.

"mattia," i answer. "we uh.. slept together two nights ago."

kairi widens his eyes. "oh, wow. i mean when i said i want you guys to get along i didnt mean.."

"yeah i know, i'm sorry," i apologize. "are you mad?"

"you're both adults who can make your own decisions, i'm not mad, just a little bit weirded out."

a sigh of relief came out of me. "thank god."

"wait two nights ago? so that means the morning after, evan asked you to be his girlfriend?"

i bite my inner cheek. "am i bad person?"

"no, no," he replies quickly, "it wasnt like you cheated cause he didnt ask you yet. but.. you should probably tell evan tonight, as soon as possible."

"i dont even know if he's gonna be there tonight," i tell him. "but we'll see."

"so why did you sleep with mattia? are you attracted to him or were you just horny?" kairi asks.

"a little bit of both," i admit.

"you sure you should be dating someone else right now?"

"i'm pretty sure the attraction was one sided. mattia would never get with me-- you've seen how he treats me," i bring up.

"i dont know y/n," he mumbles. "i dont think he hates you as much as he says he does. he was pretty defensive the night mike roofied you."

"or maybe it's just justice for women," i add.

"he sleeps with a different girl everyday, i highly doubt that."

"another reason why he wouldnt like me," i point out. "let's just forget about this and chill until we have to go out tonight."

kairi opens my freezer and pulls up a tub of ice cream. "say no more."

-

"drinking on a school night are we?" alejandro was the last to arrive at the club.

"casual drinking," i correct him.

we were all sitting at a big, circular booth with one drink in front of us.

"evan," my eyes light up as i see him walking towards us. "you're working tonight." that would mean i'd have to tell him about mattia but i just didn't know how.