22

y/n's pov

after school

I wasn't mad at mattia, just a little annoyed because i didn't wanna deal with drama. he can figure that out himself, i have an interview to get ready for and i was super fucking nervous.

i dressed appropriately and looked at myself in the mirror before grabbing my purse and heading out. you got this.

"y/n there you are," mattia says running out of the elevator. "i was hoping to run into you before you left."

"well here i am," i smile weakly. 

"i'm so sorry about miah okay i swear there's nothing going on between us," he rambles. 

"hey," i stop him. "i'm not mad."

"you're not?"

"no, but i want you to figure things out with her before anything happens with us," i say.

"but there's nothing to figure out with her. i don't like her," he tells me. 

"yeah but she clearly doesn't think that. just deal with her so there's zero drama okay?" 

mattia sighs and nods. "okay. good luck with your interview." 

"thank you," i smile. we both give each other a peck on the cheek at the same time and i head into the elevator. 

-

the taxi dropped me off at this huge building that seemed like it had 40 floors. the top of the building said "Greyson's Company". i exhale deeply and then walked through the glass doors to the front desk. 

"hey i'm here for the intern position," i tell the clerk. 

she looks up at me. "name?"

"y/n hart," i answer. 

"ah yes, here you are. you can make your way to the 37th floor." her hand directs me to the elevator. "i'm ashley by the way, let me know if you need anything."

"thank you." i walk to the elevator and pressed button 37. 

when i walk out, i saw two other girls sitting on chairs line up outside his office, patiently waiting. i take a seat next to the last girl and wait till it was my turn. 

20 minutes later...

"next," i hear a masculine voice shout.

i stand up and take a deep breath before walking in. there, stood a tall man with tan skin and brown hair. his cheek bones were prominent and his eyes were light brown. 

"hi nice to meet you i'm y/n hart." i shake his hand firmly. 

"you probably already know who i am," he answers plainly. "take a seat."

not actually the welcome i expected but okay. 

"what's your current job right now?" he asks immediately, seating himself.

"i'm a waitress at the club in downtown," i answer. 

colton greyson examines my face, intimidating me. "you know evan peters right? how is he?"

"in jail i hope," i mumble. 

"excuse me what?" he asks. 

"oh you haven't heard about what happened?"

"care to enlighten me?" he crosses his arms and leans back in chair. 

"it's a bit of a long and personal story," i answer. 

"is it now?"

"it is," i repeat sternly. it came out a little bit ruder than i intended but this man needs to know the definition of privacy. 

colton glares at me. "at least tell me why he's in jail."

"did you ask the other girls these questions?" i cut in. "wouldn't you rather ask why i want this job or about my experience?"

"sweetheart, if i wanted to ask then i would've. now i asked you one simple question. why is my friend in jail," he repeats. 

"your 'friend' is in jail for stalking, holding someone hostage and attempting at rape, mr. greyson," i reply with no emotion. "next question."

he didn't seemed phase by my response at all and maintains eye contact with me. "i'm afraid this interview is over."

i scoff, thinking about how i didn't wanna work for an asshole anyway. "great."

"leave your resume please," he orders. 

i drop the papers on his desk and walk out. that didn't go the way i expected. 

.