5

y/n's pov

i completely forgot that mattia attended this school too— why else would he be living at that apartment. i had the mindset of ignoring him as much as i can cause boys like him love attention.

throughout class, i caught myself staring at him while he stares at the professor talking. i bit the tip of my pen as my thoughts trail elsewhere but then someone tapped me on the shoulder.

"you know he'd never go for you," a girl says coldly.

i recognized her. she was the girl i ran into the first day i moved here when i went to the vending machine.

"sorry, who are you?" i ask.

"a girl who has a better chance with him than you."

"who says i want a chance with him?"

"oh please, you've been staring at him the entire time," she scoffs. "back off."

"someone's still living in their high school fantasies." i turn away from her and pay attention to the professor.

after class

"hey," one of mattia's friend runs up to me. "i'm derek."

"i'm y/n," i smile. "what's up?"

"well i'm sort of having this back to school party tonight," he explains. "i want you to come. kairi and alejandro will be there."

"you're having a party on monday?" i chuckle.

"yeah i'm different."

"yeah sure," i nod, "i'll be there."

"great, i'll see you tonight." derek waves to me as he walks to his next class.

-

"hey you wanna come to this party with me tonight?" i ask jade as we eat lunch at the cafeteria.

"a party? on a school night?" she says.

"yeah i don't know— some type of back to school party."

"what the fuck? okay sure," she shrugs. "whose party?"

"derek."

"derek..."

"just derek. i don't know his last name," i tell her. "but he knows alejandro mattia and kairi so i'm sure it's fine."

"yeah i'm always down for a party anyway," she laughs. "how's evan?"

i start blushing. "we're really good actually but i don't exactly know where we are.."

"has anything intimate happen between you two?" she asks.

"not really and as much as i wanna do something, the fact that he's my boss stops me every singe time."

"he told you to treat him normally didn't he?"

"yeah but like still, what if something goes wrong and he fires me or some shit," i point out.

"don't overthink it. evan seems like the type of guy who separates his personal life from his work life."

"yeah i guess you're right, i might invite him over tomorrow to spend the night and see what happens," i say. "hopefully mattia doesn't cock block me again."

"i swear at times i think he wants you," jade mumbles.

"oh trust me, he doesn't," the girl from my first period cuts in.

"you're everywhere i go," i groan.

"fuck off miah," jade scoffs. "no one wants you here."

"well i'm just saying mattia wouldn't give you the time of day," she smirks. "it sucks,  you're missing out." miah leans in closer to my ear and whispers, "cause he's very talented in bed."

"ew i don't need to know that." i push her away softly.

miah smiles and then walks away.

after school

when i get to my apartment door, i saw evan leaning against the wall with a grocery bag in his hand.

"i remembered today was your first day so i got you some snacks." he holds up the bag.

a huge smile spreads across my face. "thank you. i've been craving so much shit lately."

"me too," he says. "but it's not food i'm craving."

i thought about what jade said. don't overthink. "oh?" i raise my eyebrow. "then what are you craving?"

evan smirks and leans in.

"hey guysss," i hear a voice appear from behind us.

"mattia," i groan. "you come home around this time. noted."

"sup i'm mattia," he tells evan.

"i'm evan," he answers.

"what are your intentions with my neighbor?" mattia asks jokingly, crossing his arms.

"mattia," i shout. "go away."

evan chuckles. "it's cool i gotta get going anyway."

i frown. "i'll see you soon?"

"see you soon," he confirms and walks away.

"i. hate. you," i scold at mattia.

he starts laughing. "damn i have perfect timing."

.