five: the rhode's not taken

Winona really wanted Rachel's part in the Journey duet, after all, it was her own playlist that contained the song to be selected by Finn. He was inspired by her. She supposed Quinn would be a better lead, though. If not because she was Finn's boyfriend, automatically making her his partner for such a romantic duet, then it would be because she truly had the voice of an angel.

While singing, Quinn started to look alarmingly sick. Mr. Schue took notice, and gestured for the music to stop.

"Quinn, you okay?" He asked, clasping his hands together and cocking a concerned brow. She ran off without another word, making everyone who didn't know about the baby confused.

"I think she just had a bad breakfast burrito," Finn excused awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck.

"Can we please talk about the giant elephant in the room?" Kurt changed the subject, bored and disinterested.

"Your sexuality?" Santana commented nonchalantly.

'Bold coming from the lesbian so deep in the closet she's in Narnia' Winona thought, brow twitching. Her bisexuality gave her an excellent gaydar. Kurt sighed, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Rachel. We can't do it without her."

"That's not true. We may have to layer Santana and Mercedes over Quinn's solo, but...we'll be fine," Excused Mr. Schuester, everyone looking at him in disapproval.

"Maybe for the invitationals, but not for the sectionals and certainly not the regionals," Artie butted in, Winona nodding with every word he spoke.

"The wheelchair kid's—" Puck started, Winona interjecting and nudging his arm with a disapproving look.

"His name is Artie," she insisted, earning an annoyed sigh from the mohawk bearer.

"Whatever. Artie's right. That Rachel chick wants me wanna light myself on fire, but she can sing."

"Rachel left, guys. She's gone. If we want to make this thing work, we can't look back."

Everyone frowned. Despite their talent, Rachel was sort of their unique factor. While Winona  was sure if they tried hard enough, they could succeed. . Rachel being there would make it a whole lot easier.

"Alright, take five minutes," Mr. Schue announced, mostly so he and Finn should chat about Quinn. Winona stayed standing where she was before, her stare lingering on Finn. She didn't snap out of it until Artie wheeled up close and snapped his fingers at her. He was going to wave his hand in front of her face, but couldn't reach.

"You're staring, Win," Artie commented with a smirk as she averted her eyes from the quarterback.

"Just looking at how dumb his outfit is," She lied, crossing her arms and looking down at Artie.

"Sure. Aaaaanyways: I need you to help me win over Tina."

Winona cocked a brow: she could see them as a cute couple for sure.

"I'm in."

Though she doubted she'd be much help — she's never had a boyfriend. Like, ever. Still, the two of them left to discuss how to help her out.

( — )

April Rhodes was an interesting woman for sure, Winona respected her for that. But to have an old lady in glee club was the last thing she wanted. Hell, she'd rather have Rachel back. When April sang, Winona was nearly moved to tears—her voice was very unique, for an oldie. Still, Winona had doubts. April had to gain her approval in order to solidify a spot in the glee club.