fifty-six; the spanish teacher

this episode is relatively uneventful enjoy regardless

Eric had suggested that Winona started journaling. He told her that it was a great way to keep track of the thought process. She walked down the hall, pen cap in her mouth as she wrote down her current thoughts— as if she was having an epic voiceover in her own tv show.

Looking over the page, she headed for the cafeteria, quietly reading what she wrote back to herself.

"Today's going to be great. Everyone's happy, Finn and I are thriving, and glee club is as awesome as usual. I'm in my senior year at McKinley high and everything is going smoothly. My NYFA application is perfect, I have three years worth of school plays and commercial roles in my pocket, a wad of cash in my college account and—"

Winona stopped as she looked up from her book, putting the pen's cap back on and tucking it behind her ear. Her gaze scanned the room until she found her soulmate awaiting her arrival. She skipped getting in line for food, sliding over to sit at a table with Finn, Quinn, Puckerman, Eric, and Rory.

"Hey boys. . And Quinn," She greeted, all of them waving at her. Finn immediately wrapped an arm around her and looked down at his lunch tray.

"Hey Winnie!" He offered a spoon of his sloppy joe, to which she declined. Finn cocked a brow, "Not hungry?"

"I've been stress eating all morning," She confessed, looking around at her friends, "My NYFA audition is coming up soon, I'm sure of it. I haven't gotten the letter about it yet, but I think I'm gonna be a finalist."

"You have to audition?" Quinn asked. She was going to Yale, meaning there was no 'audition'.

Winona nodded, "Yeah, like Rachel and Kurt are auditioning for NYADA. That Carmen Tippytoe lady has to come here, though. I get a letter that I move on to the audition, and then I compete against a bunch of people in one studio. Only the best make it."

"You are the best," Finn said nonchalantly, everyone nodding in agreement, "so you have nothing to worry about."

"So what do you do at these auditions?" Questioned Rory.

"First: perform a monologue. After that, they test your improv skills and then your teamwork skills. They do a dozen acting exercises, too. It's a lot, and I'm terrified."

"Sounds like a lotta work. Boring," Puck shrugged, "Exactly why I'm just gonna run a pool cleaning business."

"For the rest of your life?" Quinn queried.

"It pays well. I'll be drowning in money, and in cougars."

Winona scrunched up her face, "You are seriously gross."

( — )

Taco Tuesday was not Winona's favourite. She was pretty sure that whatever the cafeteria was serving was the farthest thing possible from taco ingredients.

Sitting with Santana, Winona cringed as Puck, Artie, Finn, and Mr. Schue sang La Cucaracha to his class. Winona leaned over to her friend, whispering in her ear, "It's not just me who thinks this is like, totally offensive, right?"

"Nope, not just you. This is bad."

Class was dismissed, and the pair left together. Santana lead them to the principal's office, making Winona cock a brow, "What are we doing here?"

"I'm complaining to Figgins about the hot mess that is Mr. Schuester's career," She explained with a shrug.

As Santana turned to enter Figgins' office, Winona put her hand on her shoulder to stop her, "Are you sure? What if he gets fired?"