forty-eight; pot o' gold

After talking to Shelby, Winona was permitted to go to one or two more New Directions meetings before she left. Unfortunately, it only made her wanna quit even more. Tina was crying at the loss of Mercedes, The musical was cancelled, and Mr. Schue was being a jerk.

This might just give Winona the confidence to quit.

"Kind of hard not to blame you for this, Mr. Schue, I think you were too hard on her at Booty Camp."

"I blame Artie. Why couldn't you have just
given Maria to Mercedes?"

"Because that would have damaged my integrity as an artist," He defended, pushing up his glasses. Winona rolled her eyes, attempting to tune it out.

"Sorry I'm late!" Called Rachel as she rushed through the door, "I was putting up
posters for my campaign."

"Did you airbrush out your jowls?" Commented Kurt, making Winona snicker.

"No!"

"Look, let's stop it, everybody. So we lost a singer," Finn started, standing up.

"Our best singer," Winona said. If looks could kill, the glare Mr. Schue sent her for her negative interruption would be deadly.

"—So they canceled the musical."

"Wait, what? No, no, no, no. You can't cancel my musical," Argued Rachel.

"Sue cut the funding," Explained Mike tiredly.

"The point is, right now, we shouldn't be turning on each other."

"I agree. I can only speak from my
experience with the Warblers, but no show choir is just one person; it's a team. When we lost a Warbler, we just replaced him with another one," Blaine went on.

"Which is easy when your waiting list has a waiting list. Dude, I know you're a big deal at Dalton or whatever, but we don't wear blazers here, so have a seat— I'm trying to give a pep talk."

Winona cocked a brow at how aggressive Finn was being, Blaine did the same, confused.

"Didn't you just say something about us not turning on each other?"

"No, you can't cancel my musical," Rachel derailed the conversation, "I was considering changing my name to Maria."

"The musical is not canceled," Mr. Schue cut in as Rachel hid her face on Finn's arm— about to cry or something. Brittany and Winona sent her and Finn the same weirded out look as he pulled away from her.

"As for Mercedes, yes, that is a huge loss for us, but we will deal with replacing her later."

"Why do you consider it a huge loss, Mr. Schue?" Winona challenged, standing up with her arms crossed as her peers looked at her with wide eyes, "She always sat in the corner, being told she was second best so we could all soothe Rachel's fragile, yet huge ego. Mercedes never got to do anything anyways, it's totally unfair,"

"Winona. Have a seat," Was all Mr. Schue said, gritting his teeth. Before she could either comply or refuse, Artie took her hand and pulled her beck to her seat for her.

"Right now, we need to focus on putting on this musical."

"How?"

"We sell ads in the program. I figure we can get ten— maybe 20 bucks apiece for them."

"So we'll only have to sell about 200," Scoffed Quinn.

"Well, I think it's a brilliant idea! And I volunteer myself to spearhead the charge. It'll give me a great opportunity to, uh, bust out my Banana Republic Mad Men collection," Kurt chirped, full of enthusiasm.