six; vitamin d

Winona was back on her avoiding Finn streak. Though, it was now less because of awkardness and more becuase he was blatantly cheating on his preggo girlfriend. She hadn't spoke to him since the bowling incident, and Glee club meetings were oozing tension. She stood inbetween Kurt and Tina, Artie in front of them and Finn standing behind them. Mr. Schuester was lecturing them again, this time about how nonchalant they were being about their upcoming competition. Everyone was confident in their ability to beat the prison ladies and the deaf choir. Still, Mr. Schue's big idea was to get their competition juices flowing.

"You guys have become complacent. You were great at invitationals, but you've got to up your game if you want to get through sectionals," He clasped his hands together, most glee club members sending confused looks.

"Okay, split up. Guys on the left side, girls on the right side. Let's go."

Kurt hid behind Winona in a lame attempt to stay on the girl's team. Mr. Schue peered over at him and sighed.

"Kurt." He said simply, gesturing to the left half of the room. Sighing disappointedly, Winona moved out of Kurt's way as he sulked his way over to the boy's side.

"Here's the deal; Two teams. Boys versus girls. One week from today, you will each perform a mash-up of your choice."

"What's a mash-up?" Puck cocked a brow, Winona scoffed and looked over at him.

"You don't know what a mash-up is?"

"You don't know what a mash-up is?" He mocked in a high pitched voice, Will cutting in immediately.

"A mash-up is when you take two songs and mash them together to make an even richer explosion of musical expression," Schue explained, Puck nodding in understanding, "Boys will perform on Tuesday, girls the next day. I want you guys to go all out, okay? Costumes, choreography. Whoever wins the competition gets to choose the number that we do for sectionals."

Winona's eyes lit up at the amount of power that would give the girls if they won. Plus, Winona absolutely loved costumes.

"Wait, who's going to be the judge? Your gender makes you biased," Rachel insisted, steppig forwards.

"It definitely doesn't," Winona argued, furrowing her brows.

"There is going to be a celebrity judge." Mr. Schue concluded with a smile.

"Wh-who?" Tina stuttered, looking up at him.

"You're going to have to show up to  find out."

Mercedes put a hand on her hip, smirking.

"We got this in the bag."

"Totally. I'm going to start storyboarding our choreography tonight," Rachel beamed.

Winona smiled warmly, this could be a good chance to get close to Rachel and derail her from coming inbetween Quinn and Finn— for the sake of the baby, of course.

( — )

Watching the boy's sing their It's My Life and Confessions mashup confused Winona. They were extremely energetic. Alarmingly energetic. Winona crossed her arms as she examined Finn especially. This was overwhelmingly suspicious.

The song ended, the boys breathing heavily. Winona looked at the girls beside her, all of them looking just as confused as her.

"Awesome, guys. Geez, I didn't know you had it in you. It's like somebody slipped something in your juice boxes," Mr. Shue joked, standing up to turn and address the girls "You ladies better bring it tomorrow. Otherwise, we've got our opening number for sectionals!"