07

third person.

For the next half hour, Zach was there explaining almost everything and Serenity was sat beside him, knowing that she should've been downstairs considering it was her own launch party but also wanting to be there for the boy who was almost in tears over the mess he had made over the past month.

Once he had finally finished and explained everything to where they were right at that moment, the pair was laid down on the bed and staring at the ceiling beside each other, just as the boy let out a sigh.

"Sounds like a charmer, a toxic one." Serenity said, raising her eyebrows as Zach nodded his head slowly, "You still haven't told me why you came in here."

"I just didn't want to be around her I guess." Zach shrugged, running his fingers through his hair, "The only thing she'd do is make sure I avoided you."

"If she wanted you to avoid me she wouldn't of let you come." She furrowed her eyebrows, looking at him, "It would've been shitty of me to invite your bandmates and not you."

"Oh so you invited me because you felt bad?" Zach said jokingly as he looked at her, watching her roll her eyes and shake her head before the smallest smile appeared on her face, "I know what you mean."

"But I feel bad because you're missing your launch party." Zach said as he sat up, "So you should go back downstairs."

"Alright let's go." Serenity got up as she looked at the boy, who looked at her confused before shaking his head, "I'm not letting them chicken tenders go to waste."

"She is going to have a go at you though." Zach stood up, walking over to the door and opening it for her, "If she lays a hand on you I-"

"Treasure will be there in a heartbeat." She interrupted him and shrugged before the pair made eye contact. Zach glanced down to the girls lips then took a deep breath before looking back up at her eyes, "I just want you to eat something."

"Alright, alright." He said, holding his hands up in defence, "I want you to actually smile but that hasn't happened."

She nodded and sighed, tucking her hair behind her ear and going to speak before Jack has come running up the stairs with Treasure, interrupting the two of them.

"Did we interrupt something?" Treasure asked as Serenity shook her head.

"No we were just going downstairs." She replied before leading the group back to where the rest of the party were as Jack looked at Zach.

"On good terms?" Jack asked, his fingers crossed behind his back as Treasure looked over at the boy.

Zach shrugged, "She knows everything." He said as they reached the bottom of the stairs, just as Maddy came over to him and wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Don't forget that the chick-" Serenity turned around to face the boy but stopped once she saw Maddy there staring at her, to which she just looked at Zach and gave him a nod of her head, "Foods at the back."

"Congrats on your launch, by the way." Zach smiled at her as she thanked him before walking off with Jack and Treasure as the boy turned to face Maddy.

"You were in that room for ages." Maddy said, raising her eyebrows as Zach nodded, placing his hands on her waist, "Did she like try to go onto you or something?"

He let out a small laugh as he shook his head, glancing over to Serenity one more time before Maddy placed a kiss on his lips before giving him a smile, "I think you should stay at least six feet away from her."

"Why?" He asked.

"I think she likes you." Maddy said, looking over at the girl who was stood amongst a group, taking multiple photos with them, "I always see her staring at you. It's like an obsessi-"

"Listen, I think we should stop talking." Zach suggested as the girl shot her head towards him.

"Us?"

"You are the only girl by me right now." He said, tilting his head slightly as she raised one eyebrow, "I think this isn't helping my mental health, and Jon said I should focus on that while on this break."

"I thought I was everything you wanted." Maddy said through a confused laugh, her arms falling beside her.

He shrugged slightly, "I just don't think this is working out."

"The only thing not working out is you." Maddy said jokingly as Serenity and Jack looked over at her as they were both already slowly making their way over to the pair.

"What did you say?" Jack asked Maddy.

"Jack, don't." Serenity said as Gabbie wrapping her arms around the boy.

"She shouldn't be bashing him for his appearance." Jack replied, giving Maddy a glare, "Anything else to say?"

"It's alright, I got it." Treasure said, walking over to the girl with her fists clenched as Serenity held her back, "I don't got it, but Maddy should leave."

"I was just going to." Maddy said as she looked at Zach, "Are you coming with me?"

Zach nodded and looked down at the floor as Jack rolled his eyes, growing frustrated at the boys decisions.

"You have no idea what it means to love someone do you?" Jack asked Zach, "Because you know when you do you'd do anything to not hurt them."

The boy never replied, instead he closed the front door to the building and stood outside while watching Maddy walk down the path as he took a seat on the stairs, seeing her turn around and look at him.

"I thought you were coming." Maddy said confused as he shook his head.

"I said I wanted to stop talking, just making sure you made it to the road safely." Zach said, giving her one small wave before getting back up and heading back inside.

After heading back over to the group, he made his apology to Jack, Serenity and Treasure before explaining a few things. He was then quickly forgiven and the group seemed to almost be back to normal, apart from the missing relationship in the group.

The rest of the event went smoothly, everyone began to enjoy themselves and by the end of the night at the very end of the event, everyone was dancing to the cha cha slide and then singing to cotton eye joe.

The only person who didn't seem to have a smile on their face was Serenity, because there was still something she seemed to be unhappy about, something that was missing from her life that needed to return as soon as possible.

(˚୨୧🧸⋆。☁️˚ ⋆ 🍂)

a/n

y'all asked.. y'all will receive😌

also serenity screams wife energy ngl
but she also is me as a fictional character
basically wife me up

also,, i'm thinking of adding some lil drama soon so hehe 😳👀